normand blowers

/ normand blowers #1  

ihuntbear

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 tym T554 and 1999 Kobota m4700
Hi Been a while since Ive been here.I bought a new n80 snow blower for my other tractor same as the other CT50U.Ive been having a problem with the blower and I don't know if its me or the blower.Sometimes the blower is pushing snow but still snow coming out the shoot but leaving a pile of heavy snow at the end of the driveway or where ever I stop blowing.My rpm are around 540 most of the time.Am i driving to fast or to slow I dont know..Anybody having the same problem ?????

/ normand blowers #2  
It normal for a snowblower to leave a pile, you can minimize it by slowing down and creeping the last couple of feet.

/ normand blowers #3  
That is where you use the impliment on the other end of your tractor :D:D

If a front mounted blower, you clear up the left overs using your back blade !

If a rear mounted blower, you use your front end loader to move the left over snow out of the way.

The snow blower isn't without it's quirks and unfortunately, leaving small amounts of snow after stopping moving, is one of them.

Jim

/ normand blowers #4  
Hi Been a while since Ive been here.I bought a new n80 snow blower for my other tractor same as the other CT50U.Ive been having a problem with the blower and I don't know if its me or the blower.Sometimes the blower is pushing snow but still snow coming out the shoot but leaving a pile of heavy snow at the end of the driveway or where ever I stop blowing.My rpm are around 540 most of the time.Am i driving to fast or to slow I dont know..Anybody having the same problem ?????

About your Snow Clearer,

You need to leave the engine speed at the 540 RPM settting for the snow clearer to work properly and continuosly especially with the wet snwo you folks get up yonder.

You should look at purchasing one of Clarences Impeller Kits to make you snow clearer more efficient and eliminate any buildup in the impeller drum as well.

The problem with the open auger desing is that it also forces snow awy from the snow clearer at the same time it is augering snow towards the center of the snow clearer for the impeller fan to cast it away and it naturally builds up in front of it. If the two stage snow clearers had solid auger drums like a single stage snow clearer this would not be an issue.

You can lay in a supply of fluid film, cooking spray or WD40 to coat the surfaces of the snow caster occasionally or buy some slick sheet material from Farm Tek to mount inside the auger housing using elevator bolts to secure it. If you do this be sure to use some silicone caulk to seal the slick sheet from getting water behind it.

The Impeller kits will reduce the amount of snow build up and the snow will be cast much further than the snow clearer does now and you wil have snow snow and ice building up in the impeller drum.

/ normand blowers #5  
That is where you use the impliment on the other end of your tractor :D:D

If a front mounted blower, you clear up the left overs using your back blade !

If a rear mounted blower, you use your front end loader to move the left over snow out of the way.

The snow blower isn't without it's quirks and unfortunately, leaving small amounts of snow after stopping moving, is one of them.

Jim

Has it right on. Your going to have to use the fel. Snow blowers work best when moving and not as well when you stop so usually have to use the fel for touch up work.

/ normand blowers #6  
If you go slowly as you come to the end of the lane or point where you need to stop you'll leave less of a pile - also pause for a few seconds to clear as much as possible.

/ normand blowers
the problem i'm having is the blower pushes snow.Im not talking about the usual little bit of snow that the auger leaves.I'm saying the pile is being pushed about two feet in front of the blower.Not two feet high but two feet out,maybe eight inches high..but only when snow is wet and heavy

/ normand blowers
if i stop a few feet before where I need to stop drive ahead afew feet then back up fast it will shoot the snow with a very little left behind

/ normand blowers #9  
Whenever my blower is pushing 3 ft or so in front of itself it generally indicates that I have a sheered auger pin.
Sometimes the auger can turn even with a sheered pin but stop when loaded.
With the PTO off a simple push with a foot will confirm a sheered pin.
Other times that this happens is in wet heavy snow conditions where the snow bunches up and will not feed to the augers, when that is the case I wait til next day to allow the water to drain out. A cold snap or even 2-3 deg colder can cure that problem.
All part of wet snow blowing woes.

/ normand blowers #10  
Vous etes francais n'est pa?

Its normal in wet snow for it to push a wave behind the blower, it has to pile up enough to get to the cross auger.

The Normand's have their auger up a bit off the ground too which seems to make this happen more but helps in other ways. I now have a Normand and a Lucknow, both 7 ft. The lucknow pushes up piles in dry snow and will even plow, with snow spilling around the sides and over the top because the short sides and height can't contain it. The Normand has a deep box shape and catches more of it but seems to push wet snow. The shelf behind the auger is quite steep, where in the Lucknow there isn't an angled shelf, just a flat
back wall.

the problem i'm having is the blower pushes snow.Im not talking about the usual little bit of snow that the auger leaves.I'm saying the pile is being pushed about two feet in front of the blower.Not two feet high but two feet out,maybe eight inches high..but only when snow is wet and heavy