snow blade tilt?

/ snow blade tilt? #21  
I had a plow with manual angle adjustment, and I changed the angle occasionally. then I upgraded and my plow has hydrualic angle adjustment and I use it all the time. I'm much more productive with it. There's no way I could plow with no angle adjustment.

I agree. If all you are doing is your own driveway, quite often manual angle is all you need. You just figure out what fits best for you to push snow to one side all the time.

l'm slowly working towards putting an old truck plow on in place of the bucket on the front loader. It can be angled using the hydraulic cylinders or manually if I pulled them off. I'm on the fence about tilt, talk me into or out of it... I currently have another light blade clamp mounted to the bucket, so it sits farther out front, and I can't use tilt without losing steering on the front end even with chains. I don't have a spare hydraulic, so that's another bridge to cross.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I did the same with my tractor. At first I mounted plow moldboard directly without a frame to FEL arms, no angle. It works ok, but I really needed angle plowing to push deeper stuff and less spillage. I finally added brackets to A frame and used angle plowing. AHHHH much better. It was a thousand time better plowing.
If I were you, I'd use a pin to pock plow to angle and go from there. If after one winter its such a hassle, then go ahead add a divertor from curl circuit for power angling.

/ snow blade tilt? #22  
4shorts, mine is a hanging chain model and i can put down pressure on it, as much as i want or let it hang, float from the chain and let the weight of the plow do the work.

/ snow blade tilt? #23  
4shorts, mine is a hanging chain model and i can put down pressure on it, as much as i want or let it hang, float from the chain and let the weight of the plow do the work.

Cool. So without moving the chain and installing a solid rod in it's place you can apply down pressure? Most put a chain on for the float. All the ones I've seen are that way. Lets see a few pics :)

/ snow blade tilt? #24  
Here are some pics of my setup. ray

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 134
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 176
   / snow blade tilt? #28  
The chain is adjustable, it is just in that position because that where it ended up at that moment. I can have about 20 inches of chain float if i need it. My property that i plow is all flat. ray

/ snow blade tilt? #29  
The chain is adjustable, it is just in that position because that where it ended up at that moment. I can have about 20 inches of chain float if i need it. My property that i plow is all flat. ray

So you have it that way because there's no float on your FEL :confused:

/ snow blade tilt? #30  
yes i have float on my loader also , but by using the chain as a float that keeps the full weight of the loader on the front tires. That makes for easing steering and better control.