Glasses Fogging

/ Glasses Fogging #1  

hillbilly rick

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 2520
How do you keep your glasses from fogging when you come inside during cold temps? I used to clean my glasses with Visa-Clear (think that is right) and never had a problem. However, they took that off the market a couple of years ago, and I've not found a good replacement. The cleaners that are in the stores in my area are not anti fogging - even in winter. I did find some Speedo cleaner in a ski shop, and it works OK down to about 10, but that is the best I have found so far. Have you found anything that works for you?

/ Glasses Fogging #2  
I have used a cake of dry soap. Make an X on each clean lens and polish with a soft cloth. Don't know if its better than commercial stuff though.

/ Glasses Fogging #3  
+ 1 on the dry cake soap - just don't try it with Lava :)

/ Glasses Fogging #4  
How do you keep your glasses from fogging when you come inside during cold temps? <snip>

When I come inside I wave my arms to signal by blinded state of disorientation. Always gets a laugh from The Plant Manager and scatters the cats. Can't imagine giving up an oportunity for such cheap theater.

/ Glasses Fogging #5  
Wear contacts.....

Only thing I have sen that works 100% of the time.

/ Glasses Fogging #6  
Wear contacts.....

Only thing I have sen that works 100% of the time.
I know it's not what the op is asking, but regardless I will add that this is the main reason I switched to contacts ten years ago and have had no regrets. That and now I can wear shades again.
It wasn't great at first but now they come out with multifocal that are as good as my vision used to be.
Of course my problem was age creeping up and I'm sure they won't solve a lot peoples problems.

/ Glasses Fogging #7  
I tried different potions - nothing worked. Now I have an old hair dryer parked at the kitchen door and plugged in. A couple of quick passes over the frosted glasses and I can see again. This is the best of both worlds - I've found a new use for a piece of equipment that was no longer of any use to me. Now if I could only think of something to do with a comb. :laughing:

/ Glasses Fogging
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention contacts. :laughing: Unfortunately, they are not an option for me - and yes I tried them.

How hard is it to clean the soap off your lenses? I was hoping that someone had found some commercial potion that would work. I'm not sure why Visa Clear was taken off the market, but I had no problem with fogging even with -20 degree temps using it. It was probably some screwed up reason similar to why we have the wonderful fuel cans we buy now.