Snow Equipment Owning/Operating A little disappointed in spreader. Expect too much?

/ A little disappointed in spreader. Expect too much?
I suppose my question from above would be whether the rate controller shown by Duffster would work with my spreader to help me control the rate.

John M

/ A little disappointed in spreader. Expect too much? #12  
Yes, but to me the implication below with the agitators implies with an upgrade in that area one can use sand, etc. The Meyer spreader looks like a much nicer one than the one I have. I am OK with bagged rock salt, but it did not spread that too well, either. It clogged with that, I stopped the spreader and shook the hopper, got back on and reactivated the spreader and it promptly "dumped/spread 100 pounds worth of the bin contents over about 20 feet. Does anyone know if I could convert the spreader I have to a two speed with a two-speed controller (aftermarket) so it will not do this?? My suspicion is not as this seems to be a simple one-speed motor. If I could get mine to spread ice melt at less than supersonic dump on the ground speed, I would be OK with that for the rest of this season and look elsewhere during the summer for a spreader that could better handle the heavy stuff.

John M

You don't want a 2 speed. A variable speed controller like I pictured is what you really need.

/ A little disappointed in spreader. Expect too much?
Thanks, it looks pretty solid.

John

/ A little disappointed in spreader. Expect too much? #14  
I can't answer if the controller I pictured will work perfectly for your spreader but they are pretty much interchangeable.

/ A little disappointed in spreader. Expect too much? #15  
The Aiflow MSS will handle wet sand as it is a tailgate unit built with a bottom conveyor like a bed sander. Built with Almost all heavy stainless steel - but the price ($$$$). Even the MSS can freeze up if wet material is left inside