Got my woods blower back after a month

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #1  

arsenix2001

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540 HTSC-3
SO after over a month of waiting for my unused woods sb 72 blower that had a bad auger sprocket I get it back from messicks today. Guess what, new auger, worse sprocket. This is a joke, its worse than before. Even the delivery guy was calling out thier shop saying theres no way it was normal and should have not left. It was obvious regardless of words, no one tested this thing, in fact I feel blatently lied too as I was assured it was all good to go, night and day difference. Service manager started to tell me it might be the nature of the beast to which I said BS. For 4 grand someone can weld a sproket on true. The last one was bad enough to replace and this one is worse, so how is it normal now? I put it back on the truck and sent it back. They are contacting woods factory reps at this point but either way Im fed up and have a feeling Ill be asking for my money back. DONT BUY A WOODS BLOWER! Sorry, Im peeved. Any reccomendations for a blower ill probably order for next winter?

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #2  
For anyone wondering, here's a former post of arsenix2001 describing the problem. :)
Well took off the chain and everything is free, smooth and balanced. I believe my problem is cra**y quality control. There is a plate welded to the end of the auger that the driven sprocket bolts to with no room for play. I have 3/16 runout side to side and 3/16 runout in and out. It seems more likely that the block was welded wrong vs a bent spocket at this point. Unit is brand spanking new bought from messicks, but they are 2 hrs away. I hope this doesnt turn into a nightmare. Messicks has been outstanding so far. Im going to record it and send them an email monday morning i guess. :(

There's no excuse for this. It's clearly FUBARED! The radial runout wouldn't be too terribly hard to fix but the axial runout would be considerably more difficult. They need to replace the whole auger OR have a COMPETENT machine shop rework it.

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #3  
arsenix2001,

It sure sounds like the dealers (Messicks) are either stupid or don't really care what the customers think - same can be said for the manufacturers.

I have a 1989 Allied Farm King blower that has been well worked and patched up over the years. It works fine and the auger and chain sprocket run true - last year I renewed the auger bearings and improved on what was there.

Anyhoooo, my point is, nothing but a perfect product is acceptable for a new purchase. If Messicks sold the blower as new, then they should be replacing it with a new blower or refunding the money you spent. Either way, ultimately they have to satisfy the customers and not keep pushing out or selling shoddy products. Word gets around about how customers get shafted - you can see where this is going eh !!!

Shame on Messicks for allowing the blower to even be sent out (returned to the buyer) in that condition. After all, a supposedly new snow blower was sold and now Meesicks want's to offer a bodged up and repaired one in it's place. They are not providing the buyer with the new one he paid for !!!

Go get your money back and take your business elsewhere - I know I would. Dealers that rely on customer goodwill to cover their own shortcomings, do not deserve customers period.

Sorry, but I think this is absolutely disgracefull and Messick's is going to have to wear this for a very long time.

I sure hope that things work out and you get your money back quickly - there is no need for this sort of service to ever have happened.

jim

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #4  
SO after over a month of waiting for my unused woods sb 72 blower that had a bad auger sprocket I get it back from messicks today. Guess what, new auger, worse sprocket. This is a joke, its worse than before. Even the delivery guy was calling out thier shop saying theres no way it was normal and should have not left. It was obvious regardless of words, no one tested this thing, in fact I feel blatently lied too as I was assured it was all good to go, night and day difference. Service manager started to tell me it might be the nature of the beast to which I said BS. For 4 grand someone can weld a sproket on true. The last one was bad enough to replace and this one is worse, so how is it normal now? I put it back on the truck and sent it back. They are contacting woods factory reps at this point but either way Im fed up and have a feeling Ill be asking for my money back. DONT BUY A WOODS BLOWER! Sorry, Im peeved. Any reccomendations for a blower ill probably order for next winter?

I sent you a PM if you have not already read it.

There is no excuse for Messicks screw up. They should have test run it and found the problem and they would not have sent the snow caster to you if they new it was bad to begin with (one would hope).

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #5  
arsenix2001,
sorry for your issue with your woods Snow Blower.
Woods usually is a Good to Great name in attachments for three points, don't know what happened here but sounds like a quality control issue at Woods. Did you call Woods and give them the information about there blower and dealer?Messicks from all I've heard is a very good dealer, wonder what happened there? Maybe they, because they do commit here on TBN will explain them selfs.Hope all works out for you. I've had three different brands of snow blowers, first one was ( not sure of name) but old blower shaped like funnel, bad blower. Second was a Lorenz with double paddle augers and fan, Great Snow Blower. Now I have a Kubota model LA2674 HD that from what I've heard is made by RAD, as they make the blue green red orange black ones too. Blower is new this year so with the little snow I haven't used it yet, but it looks to be a good heavy duty blower and I purchased it from Barlows. But I do see that you do have a Great Tractor to operate it though.:thumbsup:
DevilDog

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #6  
one word

Pronovost

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #7  
If only the PXPL/TRC units came in a 48 inch size,(insert big sigh here).

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #8  
Quite disappointing to hear such disappointing news about Woods. I've owned 2 of their finish mowers that ran without a hitch. My blower is a cheapy LuckNow that has also run well with the exception of a shear pin.
I would find out who Woods regional manager is and get a new one delivered. After all since there is nothing wrong with the one you bought they shouldn't mind.

/ Got my woods blower back after a month #10  
Amazing how the companies that tend to sell crap for cheap stick around but the expensive quality companies go bankrupt... :confused:

For what it's worth, my JRW blower has been flawless for the 6 years I've owned it and it's gone through some of the worst storms I've seen. Plus my driveway's gravel so it gets beat up pretty good too!