Snow Attachments 3pt electric sprayer with salt mix to melt snow ice

/ 3pt electric sprayer with salt mix to melt snow ice #11  
I'd skip the calcium chloride, and go with straight dry sand, or limestone screenings, or 8's. If the sun hits the driveway, just the stone absorbing the sunlight will somewhat melt the snow, plus provide traction.

Back during the blizzard of '78, they sent one of the trucks out to get one of the guys that could not get out. He plowed in, and put down a mix of calcium chloride, salt, and cinders, so as to get traction coming back out.

Two days later, when he went back home, the wheel tracks were so soft, the guy that took him home got stuck, high centered longways. Wheel tracks melted, and bottom dropped out, but the rest was solid.

Took 500 tons of #2 limestone, just in the wheel tracks, to make it driveable again.

Plus Calcium Chloride is just nasty stuff anyway. If you get it on wet/damp leather boots, or gloves, just about guarantee you won't get them on the next day when they dry out. It will shrink the leather, and saw a pair of boots, that the toes were straight up..., LOL...

The boots going toes up issue was a common occurance at the former Allied Chemical Plant in Solvay.

/ 3pt electric sprayer with salt mix to melt snow ice #12  
Yrs ago as a kid, i helped a guy fill his loader tire with calcium and water. Got it all over my boots. Next morning couldn't even get my feet in the boots.

/ 3pt electric sprayer with salt mix to melt snow ice #13  
Yrs ago as a kid, i helped a guy fill his loader tire with calcium and water. Got it all over my boots. Next morning couldn't even get my feet in the boots.

The same reason I always ended up buying four pair of 12EEE steel toe boots every year as the oils and salt destroyed them. Pisser was I could only write off one pair a year:mad:

/ 3pt electric sprayer with salt mix to melt snow ice #14  
The same reason I always ended up buying four pair of 12EEE steel toe boots every year as the oils and salt destroyed them. Pisser was I could only write off one pair a year:mad:

Hmmm, good place for rubber steel toes, no doubt!

David from jax