Looking for a source of rubber blades

/ Looking for a source of rubber blades #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Guys, I have a 2005 vintage Sears Craftsman 5 hp, two stroke, 20 inch single stage snowblower. It probably has 35 hours on it at most. Was clearing snow off my drive with it the other day, and something got caught between the rubber flap on the auger (SearsPartsDirect calls the rubber flap a blade) and popped the lower section off the metal auger (riveted on) and before I could stop the engine, the rubber blade had come all the way off. I drilled out the rivets that had been holding the blade on, and used carriage bolts and nuts to refasten it.

Just out of curiousity, I went to the SearsPartsDirect site to price what the rubber blades would cost should I ever want to replace them...guess what...$27 EACH !! For strip of reinforced rubber 1/4 thick and an inch and a half wide, and 16 inches long !!!

Would anyone know a source where I could simply buy a section of reinforced rubber so I could cut my own replacement blades? Thanks.

Attachments

• 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    617.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 114
   / Looking for a source of rubber blades #2  
used conveyor belting?

/ Looking for a source of rubber blades #4  
How about the side-wall of an ordinary passenger car tire?

DrMac

/ Looking for a source of rubber blades
How about the side-wall of an ordinary passenger car tire?

DrMac

Thanks for your suggestions, the conveyer belt idea sounds good, if I can find a source. The rubber mudflap also is good, that would be the easiest to cut. Cutting rubber that isn't very thick is easy, using a jigsaw with the proper blade. Last of all, the tire sidewall idea sounds really practical as the section would be rounded as a tire sidewall is. And I have some old 4:80X8 trailer tires I kept for some reason.

THANK YOU ALL, one of these has gotta work !!

/ Looking for a source of rubber blades #6  
Tractor Supply has rolls of conveyor belting.

/ Looking for a source of rubber blades
Tractor Supply has rolls of conveyor belting.

Thanks...can probably get a good size section of it for the cost of one rubber blade from SearsPD...$27 and shipping $$$ for 24 square inches of rubber...what a ripoff !!