back up cams

/ back up cams #1  

rayclar

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota 4310hstc
Hey there every one, just wondering to you all who have backup cams in your cabbed tractors for rear snow blowing, are they worth it? Do they help you a lot more then just rear mirrors? Do they get covered with snow powder and you still can't see? Would you buy them again if the cam died? Thanks ray

/ back up cams #2  
I haven't used Cams snowblowing, but having used them on a lot of site equipment - ADT's etc - I can honestly say that personally I prefer the mirrors. Many sites in the UK now insist of reversing cams for health and safety - but I don't know many drivers who actually look at the monitors!

/ back up cams #3  
I use a back up camera for my TRUCK when hauling horses, so i can watch the horses during transport and assist in hooking up the 5th wheel (its a cordless magnetic mount job so i move it where i need it)

As for my tractor, i only got the cab unit last Feb 2011, and this is the 1st winter. But there are 3 mirrors on the unit and thats all i ever seem to need. If i had a rear blower i might want one, but it would probably get all slush covered....dont know how well i could see.

I am using a loader mounted blower, so very little backing up.

/ back up cams #4  
Hey there every one, just wondering to you all who have backup cams in your cabbed tractors for rear snow blowing, are they worth it? Do they help you a lot more then just rear mirrors? Do they get covered with snow powder and you still can't see? Would you buy them again if the cam died? Thanks ray

Hello Rayclar,

Please look for 4shorts videos and comments on his back uo camera he loves his set up.

My cameras -one in front and one in the rear of my truck have thermostats and heaters in them so they never freeze or fog over and they are a definite must have item as well as good high power lights with a rear snow caster.

/ back up cams #6  
Hello Rayclar,

The cameras are from agsupply.com the brand is "Cab CAM"

The units have internal heaters and shutters for winter use. The cameras operate off 12 volt DC power and you can have wired and wireless units(camera systems).