Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues...

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
   / Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #2  
I just want to thank the users that helped me fix my issue with my loader mounted snowblower.

What i thought was acceptable blockage of the auger turned out to only need some adjustment of the hydraulic blowby valve (proper name??).

Now it doesnt stall out when blowing wet , compacted snow....

thank you again

I love TBN site.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/231936-blowing-very-wet-snow-loader-4.html

The term is actually "relief valve" but no harm done as long as its fixed for you.

I still wish the manufacturers would build them with solid auger and shallow narrow high angle flighting in construction(but thats just me).

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #3  
Glad you got it figured out!

Seems to work MUCH better and now you can hear the engine working when the blower gets loaded down

How many turns of adjustment did you go with?

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #4  
Great to hear.

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues...
Glad you got it figured out!

Seems to work MUCH better and now you can hear the engine working when the blower gets loaded down

How many turns of adjustment did you go with?

I only made one complete 360 revolution. I can do up to 4, but i didnt want to eliminate the protection all together.

relief valve....thats the ticket.

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #6  
Glad it worked out for you. I was not one of the one of the TBN folks that was able to help you. Don't know much about snowblowers currently living down here in bikini land. :)
However I was prepared to offer the services of Jillian too come up there and help you shovel snow. Guess I just saved $$$$$ on plane ticket. Oh well maybe next time ! ;)

Boone

(Jillian in cab)

Attachments

• Tractors 101 Workshop 041.JPG
    Tractors 101 Workshop 041.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 438
   / Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #7  
I only made one complete 360 revolution. I can do up to 4, but i didnt want to eliminate the protection all together.

relief valve....thats the ticket.

Great to see that you now have it working properly and that when the blower loads up with snow, you can hear the engine revs dropping and then picking up again. Exactly how the engine governor should work !!!

Just a thought, do you have a pressure gauge inyour hydraulic circuits ?? It might pay to install one and then you would be able to see what is going on should there be any other problems surface.

Good job with your installation :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::- wish I could afford to have one :drool::drool::drool:

Cheers

jim

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues...
Great to see that you now have it working properly and that when the blower loads up with snow, you can hear the engine revs dropping and then picking up again. Exactly how the engine governor should work !!!

Just a thought, do you have a pressure gauge inyour hydraulic circuits ?? It might pay to install one and then you would be able to see what is going on should there be any other problems surface.

Good job with your installation :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::- wish I could afford to have one :drool::drool::drool:

Cheers

jim

you know, a pressure gauge would be a cool add on... im going to check into that this summer....
i really like that idea.

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #9  
If you add some slick sheet material from Horn Plastics to line the snow casters interior-auger housing/impeller drum wall and chute-spout you will see huge difference in operation as the plastic will not heat up like the metal of the snow caster creating drag.(this is faster than attaching the plastic to the open auger and their will be less snow piling up in front of the snow caster as the open auger is also pushing the snow load back and higher when working.

Edit:

About the pressure guage, this is something you can either plumb in permanently or simply install a pressure gauge port which is the preferred method as it has a dust prevention plug and cap for the male and female ends.

Guages have a habit of being knocked off and broken at the worst times and that is one of the best reasons for a remote port to install and remove a temporary hydraulic pressure gauge.

The pressure gauge will only aid you in rough pressure adjustments delivering oil to the implement and it is better to check it at the tank/reservoir connection to the feeder line going to the front loaders boom.

The issue with an implement like this will always be heat loss and pipe run length as it diminishes the available fluid power over time.

/ Want to thank TBN users that helped me fix the loader mount snowblower issues... #10  
I just want to thank the users that helped me fix my issue with my loader mounted snowblower.

What i thought was acceptable blockage of the auger turned out to only need some adjustment of the hydraulic blowby valve (proper name??).

Now it doesnt stall out when blowing wet , compacted snow....

thank you again

I love TBN site.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/231936-blowing-very-wet-snow-loader-4.html

It's a proportioning valve sweetheart.....:)

I'm completely floored by your modesty.....:thumbsup: