Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Meyer E47 pump .. how to best bleed angle cylinders?

/ Meyer E47 pump .. how to best bleed angle cylinders?
I'm not having any luck with getting any more air out of the cylinders.

My current direction is toward the switch. I think, the pump may start to run a brief second, before the "C" solenoid energizes. ?? I'll report back.

Well, my friends, I've got good news and bad.

The good news: it's working!
The bad news: I don't know why, for sure.

I took the switch out, so that I could see the back .. everything looked OK, which didn't surprise me, because , I thought it was just a "lazy switch". I jumpered the battery and "C" wires together on the back of the switch and the mid-position, right angle initiation looked smoother (no kick to the left). I ran it all the way to the left without the jumper, where it froze. Re-jumpered the terminals and it came off the stop and angled to the right. Tried it without the jumper ... at one point, it would only angle left! I tightened the spade connectors and it seemed to work.

So, as near as I can determine, it appears to have been associated with the switch and/or connections.

I'll try it again. later .. hopefully, it will continue to work.

/ Meyer E47 pump .. how to best bleed angle cylinders? #13  
Congrats! A little aggravation but not a expensive repair.:thumbsup:

I thought, I'd post a few of the things, which I learned, while doing my troubleshooting on the A-frame plow and the Meyer E47 pump. Some, I may have known, but forgot, ..until ..

1) Replacement O-ring kits for the solenoid cartridges can vary in price from $2.95 - $34.00 .. for the same cartridge kit! I doubt that the O-rings from The $34 kit are much better than the $2.98 ones.

2) If you are trying to purge the angle cylinders, the lift cylinder should be all of the way down and in the float position, plow level. .. or the air will be directed toward the angle cylinders, while raising the plow. (This is what I was told by a pro.)

3) If the quick connect coupling has pressure on it and can't be released, as mine did, the easiest, cleanest way to equalize the pressure, is to disconnect the pump power and then apply power to the solenoid, which will allow the pressure to equalize.

4) If the quick connect couplers can be released, hooking the left and right cylinder couplers together, will allow the plow to be angled manually.

5) A hair dryer will warm and make the plastic handles on the switches much easier to remove.

6) If you are trying to compress a cylinder by hand, it will eventually let loose and spray you with oil.

7) And one of the most important! If the plow kicks to the left, when initiating it to angle right, the pump might be starting before the "C" valve opens!

/ Meyer E47 pump .. how to best bleed angle cylinders? #15  
If you are trying to compress a cylinder by hand, it will eventually let loose and spray you with oil.

Hahaha...Yeah i have done that one myself, makes a big mess.
Glad you got it sorted.

Brian