Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP!

/ Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP! #1  

arsenix2001

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540 HTSC-3
Messicks has just sent me video of the latest auger the've installed on my blower. No I did not get a new machine nor was the drive system redesigned... That was all miss communication on thier end, I'll get into that some other time :mad:.

Here is a link to my blower running in thier shop. While "better", to me it hardly seems perfect. Notice when running, the shadow of the chain jumping in the background (towards the back right of the end plate) and the fairly nasty audible noise when at 540 speed. The side to side play seems much better. Please chime in asap if you have a blower and think its normal or abnormal. To me it still doesnt seem right or very smooth to me but maybe im being too picky after all the BS Ive been through. I need to let them know if im going to take the unit or not.
Thanks!
Vid is a couple posts down... Thanks BKC

Last edited:
   / Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP! #2  
You've posted a link to your favourites page..... might want to change that. :laughing:

/ Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP!

Last edited:
   / Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP! #4  
try this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40M3p-P9oeE]Woods snowblower auger - YouTube[/ame]

Kind of looks like the sproket on auger has a wobble, also sounds like chain is rubbing on somthing.

brian

/ Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP! #5  
I wouldn't be happy with the side movement of the chain. The sound seems like it comes from a tensioner or guide that looks to be on the top at the back.

try this

Kind of looks like the sproket on auger has a wobble, also sounds like chain is rubbing on somthing.

brian

Not rubbing but slacking/tensioning due to the auger sprocket being untrue. Its the third one they've put in. More radial runout than lateral it seems. Just seems like to me it should be smooth and constant, but Ill let the pros chime in before jumping to conclusions.

Side note- How the heck did you direct post the vid? Im a youtube noob:laughing:

/ Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP! #7  
I don't know why Messicks just didn't give you a new replacement! With the amount of negative publicity that they are getting on this repair it would (in my opinion) be better to give you a new blower, maybe a different manufacturer though. They can work out the details on the original defective blower with the manufacturer. Just my two cents.

I don't know why Messicks just didn't give you a new replacement! With the amount of negative publicity that they are getting on this repair it would (in my opinion) be better to give you a new blower, maybe a different manufacturer though. They can work out the details on the original defective blower with the manufacturer. Just my two cents.

Im not really upset with Messecks, but I hear your point. In reality Im so frustrated with this I dont even care anymore :(. At this point they are putting the ball in my court. If Im not happy with this repair I have been "supposedly" offered by woods to buy the unit back, or build me a new one. Although I dont really see how a new unit would make much difference if they are using the same parts? Guess this is why im really curious to more experienced blower users thier opinion On this units operation before I get back to them on this.

/ Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP! #9  
About the snow blower and their so called "FIX":mad::mad::mad:

No way in HE double LL would I under any circumstances take
delivery of the snow caster in its current condition period.

The runout and imbalance which is evident is plain as day and they
should be ashamed of themselves because a single direction chain
drive for any implement or conveyor hums, I repeat HUMS!!!!! with
a steady reasonance noise level and NO vibration I repeat NO vibration!!!!

You do not even need a dial indicator to see the problem due to its
poor construction.

The entire auger assembly is stressed by the driven end-it also appears
that the auger tube may be bent slightly from the video.

Ask for your money back and buy a Farm King Buhler snow caster from Ken Sweet as he is a sponsor of the forum or a Pronovost Puma snow caster from Paul Vanderzon.

/ Latest auger install on my blower. Have video, need opinions ASAP! #10  
some people ***** if they are hung with a new rope