Is this going to work?

/ Is this going to work? #21  
With some drifts like that you might want to look for a snowmobile instead of a tractor. Pic #2 shows a lot of potential as one serious jump.:thumbsup:

/ Is this going to work?
I think I'm gonna go look at the L4240 when I get a chance.

44 hp vs 29 hp
35 pto hp vs 20 pto hp
3671 pounds vs 1390 pounds

/ Is this going to work? #23  
Since snowblowers can "eat" horsepower, I would narrow it down to exactly what you wanted to buy in terms of tractor-snowblower combo and then find someone on this site who already owns and uses the same thing. That way you'll have a reasonable confirmation if it will work or not. Guys here do everything and anything to move snow and surely someone will have your potential combination.

/ Is this going to work? #24  
Another option for a front mount blower would be something like: Front Mount Snowblower for Compact Tractor : Erskine Attachments, Inc.

I have seen them used for $2-4k and they look like they would do a good job.

As for a cab, someone like Original Tractor Cab can set you up with a cab for $1000-1500 (glass front, wiper, hard top). Then in the summer, you can remove it, or take the sides off and keep the top as a sunshade.

Aaron Z

/ Is this going to work?
I really like the idea of a removable cab, that would be ideal for my situation.

Also I could add that later to keep my initial cost down.

/ Is this going to work? #26  
Thanks Jerry/MT that's the kind of thing I was looking for, as I said I have no clue about this snow stuff.

I was wondering if I needed to go bigger, but from reading some other posts, I got the impression that a smaller tractor may handle my needs.

The biggest front mount blower for the B2920 is 61"

I looks like you are in real snow country. Are you willing to consider a used tractor? It might have what you are looking for, including a cab, and be within your budget? One thing about a cab is they can be a PITA in the woods.
There are a lot of Kubotas on the used market in the ~40 hp size. Check out tractorhouse.com. You will find that a tractor with a ~35 pto hp will be pretty useful; not too small and not too big.

/ Is this going to work?
I looks like you are in real snow country. Are you willing to consider a used tractor? It might have what you are looking for, including a cab, and be within your budget? One thing about a cab is they can be a PITA in the woods.
There are a lot of Kubotas on the used market in the ~40 hp size. Check out tractorhouse.com. You will find that a tractor with a ~35 pto hp will be pretty useful; not too small and not too big.

Let me know what you have, at this point I'm open to all considerations. But I'm leaning towards to an L4240, (no cab) with a 6 foot front mount blower.

/ Is this going to work? #28  
Let me know what you have, at this point I'm open to all considerations. But I'm leaning towards to an L4240, (no cab) with a 6 foot front mount blower.

I haven't used one of these for years but make sure you have enough horsepower. Not sure 40 something is enough for six ft. Ask around.

/ Is this going to work? #29  

I don't sell tractors. I was merely suggesting that you might find what you want in a used tractor and it might fit your budget better. I think something in Kubota L class with 35 HP at the pto will be a better choice than a B-series machine. You ought to look at other manufacturers also unless you have to have a Kubota. A six foot blower is also a better choice with that machine.

/ Is this going to work? #30  
I think you are looking in the right size range now. That length of driveway and size of property are in L-series class, not B. My manual from the previous grand L series (I have a 3130 and they are now xx40's) shows the 4330 as the smallest one to take a 6' blower and the build your own site at Kubota says the newer 4240 is the same. You may want to step it up one more even to the 4740, which is the biggest hp that is non-turbo (extra complexity). I can say that I find a lack of horsepower a bit frustrating at times, but then mine is the smallest engine in the series too. When blowing snow, power will be your friend, and lack of it will be very frustrating.

Beautiful property. Lots to mow too...