Snowblowing rules of thumb

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #21  
hahaha I had to laugh. In Melbourne, Australia today, it is 39 degrees Celsius.... No snow....

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #23  
ay66v:
Default Re: Snowblowing rules of thumb
My personal snow blowing rule: No cab, no snow blower.

I believe God created snow plows just for that reason.

I have that setup and working on making a shield in the back. It's not safe to be sitting there and waiting for the rocks to hit you.

No different than spreading manure. Keep the tractor up wind.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #24  
Here is a rule I like to follow.
Never fight the wind!

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #25  
Just a general safety note for winter tractor operation. If you leave your rig outside, make your first move in reverse! Rear tires frozen to the ground can and will bring the tractor over on top of you!

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #26  
ay66v:
Default Re: Snowblowing rules of thumb
My personal snow blowing rule: No cab, no snow blower.

I believe God created snow plows just for that reason.

I have that setup and working on making a shield in the back. It's not safe to be sitting there and waiting for the rocks to hit you.

I've been walking behind a snow blower for 25+ years. This year I'm looking forward to RIDING on my open-station 2720 with 54" front blower with remote spout control.

Staying dry is a matter of chute control and embracing the wind.

Let's hope we get enough snow that I can give a full report. :thumbsup:

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #27  
I've been walking behind a snow blower for 25+ years. This year I'm looking forward to RIDING on my open-station 2720 with 54" front blower with remote spout control.

:thumbsup:

I have been there and done all that.

You must not ever have gusting, or swirling winds.

It's so windy here, sometimes I get a face full of snow, even when plowing it.:cold:

I stand by my resolve.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #28  

Let's hope we get enough snow that I can give a full report. :thumbsup:

Ha Ha, good one, embrace the wind. I have a section of driveway that I just can't blow with the prevailing wind. There is a bit of a difference between a walk behind and what your 54"er will put into the air for the wind to embrace. In any case, a little snow in the face beats shoveling every time. Have fun with your new blower.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #29  
If it is windy and I have to blow into the wind, [windows and such] I aim the chute lower. I would rather blow the same snow twice or three times than replace a window in the winter.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #30  
Wow, nice set up, that thing really eats up the snow. It doesn't get much better then that. Enjoy it.