I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #21  
Mr. Fowler,

Yes, I did comprehend that and was trying to ensure that my meaning (not yours) was not confusing to the OP.

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #22  
Sorry catfish, did not realize your superior knowledge of forums.

My bad.

Will be sure to stay clear of responding to such posts, wouldn't want to "make a forum mistake".

I guess you get the specificity of response equal to the dollars you spent in the request.

Joel

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #23  
I also have the B3030 HSDC and agree with nfowler generally.

1. You need to remove the subframe if you are going to use the FEL effectively. In my case changeover isn't an issue because we get a lot of snow which covers the ground to a thickness of 5 feet of very dense snow/ice by the end of the year, so I have no use for the FEL in the winter. With a helper it takes an hour or two to get the FEL off and the blower and subframe on. Since I make the change so seldom (once a year), it takes me a while to remember what to do. It looks like the B3030 replacement (B3000) doesn't have that issue. If you need to use both in the winter, obviously that would be an issue.

2. Non issue for me

3. My comfort is worth the front blower. I have yet to hear anyone with a snowblower say they prefer the comfort and ease of use of a rear blower over the front blower. It's usually, "I wish I had got the front blower, or my next blower will be a front blower." I don't plan on getting another rig. I always get exactly what I want to avoid the shoulda's. At almost 65 this should do me for my forever.

4. Yes but probable a larger tractor just because I like bigger. My friend who owns a motorcycle/snowmobile dealership has a 47 hp Grand L which is such a nice big rig, both inside and outside. The snowblower on that has metal twice as thick as mine - what a beast. He only uses it for snowblowing shockingly. It isn't any faster than mine - really tremendous overkill for the task. I used it one day for him at my request. It only cost $15,000 more than mine.

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #24  
I suspect I'm being fed bad information from a dealer. He either is not very knowledgeable about the products he sells or he wants to talk me into equipment he already has in inventory so he doesn't get stuck with it in the off season.

I routinely ask questions that I already know the answer to. This tells me if I can trust the person that I'm dealing with (I learned this years ago dealing with cars). This guy didn't pass my test, so I don't trust him, but he did plant some doubt in my mind.

So I have a few questions:

1. Do you have to remove the snow blower subframe to mount the front end loader?

2. Do you feel the blower subframe is in your way when doing other tasks, (bush-hogging, road grading etc)

3. Do you feel the front mount blower is worth the extra money over the rear?

4. If your tractor and blower was stolen, would you replace it with another kubota front mount?

1. best to remove it

2. see #1

3. absolutely, see my sig.

4. absolutely again

you did not list your tractor, that makes a huge difference in the subframe, see my sig, I have 2 different styles

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers
I haven't made a purchase yet, but if I go front mount it will be on a grand L 4240

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #26  
   / I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #28  
yep that's what I meant

Have you not seen one of these up close???

That subframe is a beast with about 6" clearance and can impede loader operation.

Unless you need the FEL a lot in the winter the blower is a far superior snow removal tool.

Due to dealer error I ended up with the 3rd Function so I added a hydraulic flipper.

Attachments

• P1220009.jpg
    P1220009.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 649
  • blower hyd mod (2).jpg
    blower hyd mod (2).jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
   / I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers
i've been looking at the tractors, but none of the dealers i have visited have a front mount already mounted to an L series, I've seen them in person on the B series.

thanks for the pictures

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #30  
i've been looking at the tractors, but none of the dealers i have visited have a front mount already mounted to an L series, I've seen them in person on the B series.

thanks for the pictures

The frame is easy off and on within reason. It goes to the back and anchors to the draw bar with center and front mounts. It does not require tools however.