Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Silver Member

Default Re: I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers

Quote Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
    The frame is easy off and on within reason. It goes to the back and anchors to the draw bar with center and front mounts. It does not require tools however.
    It does require the removal of 4 bolts that hold on the subframe up front. THese are 7/8" i believe. These four bolts hold up the front mount carrier that holds the two massive pins that hold the front of the frame. Up here in alaska i only take it off once, and put it on once. Mine has been on since nov and will be on until april. I have done this on a 3130 and now the 5740 hstc.

I would never run it with loader as the sub frame sits about 6" off the ground and my tractor sees alot of mud. I would get stuck with it on. Also, someone mentioned that the bucket may hit it and that is true. It will.

It takes me about 15 minutes to take it off the tractor. That is including the blower. About 25 to put back on as I only put it on once a year.

The blower and everything cost me 5000 bucks ish.

I have done it with rear mount before and I wont again. Front is the only way comfortably.

I would however do it different. If I knew what I knew today, I would have never purchased this setup. I would have purchased a loader mount snowblower. Quick attach style

This way in a matter of minutes, take off the blower with two levers and put on the bucket. No subframe to worry about. I wouldnt have had to put on a mid pto kit either.
    2011 5740HSTC with loader, Q/A, 6' root grapple, L2185 snowblower, 6'bush hog, logsplitter, concrete mixer,

Sold:Grand L 3130 kubota with 724 loader w/grapple, BH 90 Backhoe w/18 and 30" buckets, L2185 6' front mounted snow blower, 6' bush hog, 30" logsplitter
    203 hours as 17 Sep 08

Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Quote Originally Posted by alaskakubota View Post
    It does require the removal of 4 bolts that hold on the subframe up front. THese are 7/8" i believe. These four bolts hold up the front mount carrier that holds the two massive pins that hold the front of the frame.
    I do remove that and put the brush guard on in the summer but for loader use in the winter it can stay on the tractor. If you do not use a brush guard then it could stay on year round.
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Silver Member

I do remove that and put the brush guard on in the summer but for loader use in the winter it can stay on the tractor. If you do not use a brush guard then it could stay on year round.
    I forget who, but someone on here put longer bolts on and kept both of them mounted.
    2011 5740HSTC with loader, Q/A, 6' root grapple, L2185 snowblower, 6'bush hog, logsplitter, concrete mixer,

Sold:Grand L 3130 kubota with 724 loader w/grapple, BH 90 Backhoe w/18 and 30" buckets, L2185 6' front mounted snow blower, 6' bush hog, 30" logsplitter
    203 hours as 17 Sep 08

Quote Originally Posted by alaskakubota View Post
    I forget who, but someone on here put longer bolts on and kept both of them mounted.
    On my 4240 you can't have both on at the same time. The grill guard lines up with where the lift cylinder is on the sub frame. I think some of the other GL tractors might be able to though.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Silver Member

The bolts on mine were too short. I am too lazy to go purchase 4 bolts, so I just swap it out.

203 hours as 17 Sep 08

Tractor
    CK20 HST

Have you not seen one of these up close???

That subframe is a beast with about 6" clearance and can impede loader operation.

Unless you need the FEL a lot in the winter the blower is a far superior snow removal tool.

Due to dealer error I ended up with the 3rd Function so I added a hydraulic flipper.
    Hello Kenvinj!

Could you elaborate on the ォdealer errorサ, because here the flipper seem's to be only -eletric- otherwise crazy steep$ and verrrrrrrrrry complicated!?! The electric gizmo have to be clean and dry after every time... otherwise ice/seized

Wondering Phil
    Phil

Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Quote Originally Posted by Phil48 View Post
    Hello Kenvinj!

Could you elaborate on the ォdealer errorサ, because here the flipper seem's to be only -eletric- otherwise crazy steep$ and verrrrrrrrrry complicated!?! The electric gizmo have to be clean and dry after every time... otherwise ice/
    Wondering Phil
    Dealer thought 3rd function was needed for the blower so he put it on. I did not order it so I got a real good deal so he did not have to remove it.

I used it for my home brew hyd flipper.

See post 28
    Last edited by kevinj; 03-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Tractor
    Kubota

I have owned a front mount kubota blower for 9 years, have used it keeping approx. 1/2 mile of gravel road and several neighbors driveways open. Most of our snowfall is in the 24" depth. One thing I did to the blower was to add hardened steel to the blower housing to mitigate any inadvertant intake of gravel. Tractor is a BX18.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130 HST

I'm late to this party, but will add my two cents. After watching my neighbor operate his John Deere with rear blower (he was good at it, but why drive backward when you can put a blower on the front?), we decided we wanted a blower on the front.

When we bought our kubota L3130 several years ago, we made sure to get a front blower and have not regretted the decision for a minute. It is a pain to remove the blower and install the FEL, but it can be done, though not fun. We finally ran out of immediate tasks for our FEL and now leave the blower on all the time, though can still swap out for the FEL if the need arises.

John

Tractor
    2008 Kubota b2920

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Man
    I suspect I'm being fed bad information from a dealer. He either is not very knowledgeable about the products he sells or he wants to talk me into equipment he already has in inventory so he doesn't get stuck with it in the off season.

I routinely ask questions that I already know the answer to. This tells me if I can trust the person that I'm dealing with (I learned this years ago dealing with cars). This guy didn't pass my test, so I don't trust him, but he did plant some doubt in my mind.

So I have a few questions:

1. Do you have to remove the snow blower subframe to mount the front end loader?

2. Do you feel the blower subframe is in your way when doing other tasks, (bush-hogging, road grading etc)

3. Do you feel the front mount blower is worth the extra money over the rear?

4. If your tractor and blower was stolen, would you replace it with another kubota front mount?
    1. No

2. No (very easy and quick to remove)

3. Never ran a rear but for my residential snow removal business a must!

4.yes, only change I would make is go to 63" model as mine is 51" and has never bogged the engine down. In this video I am only running at slightly below 2000 rpm. 12-15 inches of snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWpmI...e_gdata_player
    ericher69
    IAFF Local 849

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234