I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #1  

Catfish Man

Silver Member
I suspect I'm being fed bad information from a dealer. He either is not very knowledgeable about the products he sells or he wants to talk me into equipment he already has in inventory so he doesn't get stuck with it in the off season.

I routinely ask questions that I already know the answer to. This tells me if I can trust the person that I'm dealing with (I learned this years ago dealing with cars). This guy didn't pass my test, so I don't trust him, but he did plant some doubt in my mind.

So I have a few questions:

1. Do you have to remove the snow blower subframe to mount the front end loader?

2. Do you feel the blower subframe is in your way when doing other tasks, (bush-hogging, road grading etc)

3. Do you feel the front mount blower is worth the extra money over the rear?

4. If your tractor and blower was stolen, would you replace it with another kubota front mount?

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #2  
1. No
2. No
3. Absolutely!!
4. In a heartbeat--my unit has been indestructible and performs great!!
Regards, Mike

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #3  
I suspect I'm being fed bad information from a dealer. He either is not very knowledgeable about the products he sells or he wants to talk me into equipment he already has in inventory so he doesn't get stuck with it in the off season.

I routinely ask questions that I already know the answer to. This tells me if I can trust the person that I'm dealing with (I learned this years ago dealing with cars). This guy didn't pass my test, so I don't trust him, but he did plant some doubt in my mind.

So I have a few questions:

1. Do you have to remove the snow blower subframe to mount the front end loader?

2. Do you feel the blower subframe is in your way when doing other tasks, (bush-hogging, road grading etc)

4. If your tractor and blower was stolen, would you replace it with another kubota front mount?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About your dealer and his issues;

He did not bother to tell you driving any size mule takes practice practice practice and the more practice you have the more familiar you are with a car or tractor.

1.ON some brands and some models the bloody thing has to come off.

2. unless you have brush guard they are magnets for crap in heavy brush and the tractor can and will get hung up at times especially in ditches. (been there done that with simple belly mount mowers)IT does happen.

3. No way in HE double hockey sticks. The other thing he did not bother to enlighten you on is that most front mounted snow casters are limited in mounting to a specific machine and may no be useable on an upgraded trade.
AND they have little resale value.

a A rear mounted snow caster can be mounted on an upgrade without spending more money as you would have to on a replacement front mount snow caster.

4. I would not, I would buy an all weather cabbed unit with a rear mount and automatic transmission if I had the money/income.

a. you may have lot of bad weather times with heavy wet snow being so close to the Atlantic coast and a snow caster with rotating drum that bypasses the chute and spout eliminates clogging and casts the snow much further.

b a snow caster with a higher horsepower prime mover is the only way to overcome instances of heavy wet snow occurances or repeated passes with a smaller power unit during the snow event.

Keeping a tank of diesel fuel at the homestead is a must especially in the winter months as 275 gallons of treated diesel fuel cut with kerosene and filtered by a RACOR diesel cylcone fuel filter is your friend as it eliminates the water and crap down to 2 micron if desired and the filter cartridges will filter 10,000 gallons of diesel(if there is water in the fuel the cartridges will mushroom and plug and eliminate any water entering the injection pump of the tractor).

Most front mounts have a smaller cross auger area and fan whre this is not the case in most all rear mounts.

As I mentioned before if you invest in a tractor with a cab and a mid point PTO you can purchase a Pronovost Front PTO Hitch with a reverseing gearbox that allows you to mount a snow caster and for example a flail mower
to mow with. The front three point hitch will allow you to mount landscape rakes, back blades, post hole diggers- mounting and using a rotary cutter and using it safely is problematic as the rotary cutter may need to have the mower reversed strictly depending on the discharge gaurding and front chains or rubber flap to prevent impacting and throwing things which is non issue with flailmowers mounted in the front or rear.

a. If you invest in a tractor you can purchase one with a swivel seat that allows you to turn to the right in the seat or buy high end swivel seat up grade.

b. The rear mounted snow caster is riding on the ground preferably with caster wheels to prevent digging in when turning or sucking up mud.

c. the minute you let off the pedal the rear mounted snow caster creates enough drag that it will not runoff unless you have an extremly steep angle of attack and ice.

d. lot of of folks use mirrors and our member 4shorts has a back up camera with his mule and he loves it as it has great clarity in all conditions.

EDIT:

e. The biggest thing he did not inform you of is lower ground clearances wth front mounts and that in not good thing with unpaved areas.

Last edited:
   / I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #4  
I have about 1/2 mile of gravel driveway between me and the county road, parts of it are pretty steep.

Question 3. Catfish said he had a 1/2 mile of driveway. That is a long distance using a rear mounted blower. Looking over your shoulder might be too much for him and his wife to use. I do agree a factory cabbed tractor is the way to go though. On the other thread someone mentioned a pickup truck with plow. Perhaps if Catfish bought an old beater pickup truck (4 wheel drive, chains) with plow then I could see a rear blower for the tractor to hit any spots that might be extremely deep. But this then means maintenance of both a tractor and pickup truck. I wish you luck in your decision Catfish. Stanley

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About your dealer and his issues;

He did not bother to tell you driving any size mule takes practice practice practice and the more practice you have the more familiar you are with a car or tractor.

1.ON some brands and some models the bloody thing has to come off.

2. unless you have brush guard they are magnets for crap in heavy brush and the tractor can and will get hung up at times especially in ditches. (been there done that with simple belly mount mowers)IT does happen.

3. No way in HE double hockey sticks. The other thing he did not bother to enlighten you on is that most front mounted snow casters are limited in mounting to a specific machine and may no be useable on an upgraded trade.
AND they have little resale value.

a A rear mounted snow caster can be mounted on an upgrade without spending more money as you would have to on a replacement front mount snow caster.

4. I would not, I would buy an all weather cabbed unit with a rear mount and automatic transmission if I had the money/income.

a. you may have lot of bad weather times with heavy wet snow being so close to the Atlantic coast and a snow caster with rotating drum that bypasses the chute and spout eliminates clogging and casts the snow much further.

b a snow caster with a higher horsepower prime mover is the only way to overcome instances of heavy wet snow occurances or repeated passes with a smaller power unit during the snow event.

Keeping a tank of diesel fuel at the homestead is a must especially in the winter months as 275 gallons of treated diesel fuel cut with kerosene and filtered by a RACOR diesel cylcone fuel filter is your friend as it eliminates the water and crap down to 2 micron if desired and the filter cartridges will filter 10,000 gallons of diesel(if there is water in the fuel the cartridges will mushroom and plug and eliminate any water entering the injection pump of the tractor).

Most front mounts have a smaller cross auger area and fan whre this is not the case in most all rear mounts.

As I mentioned before if you invest in a tractor with a cab and a mid point PTO you can purchase a Pronovost Front PTO Hitch with a reverseing gearbox that allows you to mount a snow caster and for example a flail mower
to mow with. The front three point hitch will allow you to mount landscape rakes, back blades, post hole diggers- mounting and using a rotary cutter and using it safely is problematic as the rotary cutter may need to have the mower reversed strictly depending on the discharge gaurding and front chains or rubber flap to prevent impacting and throwing things which is non issue with flailmowers mounted in the front or rear.

a. If you invest in a tractor you can purchase one with a swivel seat that allows you to turn to the right in the seat or buy high end swivel seat up grade.

b. The rear mounted snow caster is riding on the ground preferably with caster wheels to prevent digging in when turning or sucking up mud.

c. the minute you let off the pedal the rear mounted snow caster creates enough drag that it will not runoff unless you have an extremly steep angle of attack and ice.

d. lot of of folks use mirrors and our member 4shorts has a back up camera with his mule and he loves it as it has great clarity in all conditions.

EDIT:

e. The biggest thing he did not inform you of is lower ground clearances wth front mounts and that in not good thing with unpaved areas.

You sure do make a lot of assumptions about what that dealer did and did not tell me. I didn't notice you there.

I'm not new to tractors just new to snowblowers, at this point I have specific questions for people that are actually running a KUBOTA FRONT MOUNT SNOWBLOWER.

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers
I have about 1/2 mile of gravel driveway between me and the county road, parts of it are pretty steep.

Question 3. Catfish said he had a 1/2 mile of driveway. That is a long distance using a rear mounted blower. Looking over your shoulder might be too much for him and his wife to use. I do agree a factory cabbed tractor is the way to go though. On the other thread someone mentioned a pickup truck with plow. Perhaps if Catfish bought an old beater pickup truck (4 wheel drive, chains) with plow then I could see a rear blower for the tractor to hit any spots that might be extremely deep. But this then means maintenance of both a tractor and pickup truck. I wish you luck in your decision Catfish. Stanley

I can't justify the cost and upkeep of a truck for just plowing, (for my specific application) that money would be better spent towards a cab for the tractor.

thanks for the replies

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #7  
I have a front blower on my BX. It is awesome, if something happened I'd replace with the exact same thing. Easy to creap up on objects blowing the snow away from them. I use my rear blade to pull the snow away from my garage, then blow it out of there!

I haven't removed the blower and subframe yet, so I can't offer advice there.

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #8  
Kubota B3000HSDCC with Kubota B2782A Snow Blower

No.

Not whatsoever.

ABSOLUTELY, and I run both so I have some context to make that determination (two different tractors).

4. If your tractor and blower was stolen, would you replace it with another Kubota front mount?

Yes

/ I want to hear from owners of Kubota front mount blowers #10  
I have an L3240 with 72 inch front mount snow blower. You can attach the front end loader with the subframe, but with the subframe you do not have your front brush guard mounted. The subframe does drastically reduce the amount of ground clearance to about 6 inches or less. I use the loader with the subframe mounted but remove the subframe for serious loader work. It only takes less than 10 minutes to mount and dismount the subframe. Having the blower out front makes my neck much less painful. I would do it again despite the extra cost versus a three point mounted blower. :thumbsup: