snow in Illinois

/ snow in Illinois #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I saw on the news yesterday that Chicago got about 9" of wet snow. I suppose you tractor folks in the area ran out and started clearing that stuff immediately just to get some practice in.

/ snow in Illinois #2  
I live about 60 miles south and didn't get 1/2". I figure I won't see any snow for at least a year since I bought a blower for the tractor this year.:laughing:
Bill

/ snow in Illinois #3  
LOL. I'm closing in on 2' right now and they say the snow should stop about 3am.

/ snow in Illinois
Crazyal, is that really 2 feet of snow or mistyped.

/ snow in Illinois #5  
Gary Fowler said:

Perhaps he was so happy to finally get snow he cleared his yard of snow by putting it on his driveway so he could do some serious snow removal.

/ snow in Illinois #6  

No mistype, 2 feet of snow, 5" to 10" were predicted. I waded through it today, about thigh deep. I had maybe 6" of crusty snow on the ground with bare spots starting to show thinking that we may have an early spring. At least it was fluffy stuff and had some fun blowing snow.

/ snow in Illinois #7  
No mistype, 2 feet of snow, 5" to 10" were predicted. I waded through it today, about thigh deep. I had maybe 6" of crusty snow on the ground with bare spots starting to show thinking that we may have an early spring. At least it was fluffy stuff and had some fun blowing snow.

That storm was heavy with moisture. We got 12 inches in 6 1/2 hours. Wet stuff too.