Snow removal with grader blade

/ Snow removal with grader blade #21  
Although it is a front mounted blade, you could make the same thing for the 3pt. one.

I slit a piece of 1-1/4" steel pipe to slip over the bottom of the blade and welded tabs on to bolt it on.

So far, it has worked great, because we haven't had enough snow to warrant using it. If I had known it would work that good, I'd have done it years ago....!!

Attachments

• Farmall A 001.jpg
    Farmall A 001.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 848
   / Snow removal with grader blade #22  
When you do get one, you may want to check if you can easily add hydraulic angle as a minimum requirement.. although I probably don't have to tell you that anyway. Of the modifications I've made to mine, that is the single best one so far.

Anytime I use the blade I find myself wanting to fine tune the blade angle, it's a lot easier to do that from the operator's seat than getting off every time. Particularly for moving snow, the less I get on and off the tractor the better when it's icy underfoot.

Sean

Yes, your modification is supreme.....That's definetly the WTG..:thumbsup:

/ Snow removal with grader blade #23  
Although it is a front mounted blade, you could make the same thing for the 3pt. one.

I slit a piece of 1-1/4" steel pipe to slip over the bottom of the blade and welded tabs on to bolt it on.

So far, it has worked great, because we haven't had enough snow to warrant using it. If I had known it would work that good, I'd have done it years ago....!!

See my post in page one of this thread!

/ Snow removal with grader blade #24  
Yes, your modification is supreme.....That's definetly the WTG..:thumbsup:

I dunno about supreme, I'd rate it as "better than getting off the dam* tractor every time I want to move the blade" :laughing:

Sean

/ Snow removal with grader blade
I had to stop by a hydraulic hose repair shop yesterday and they happened to have a used set of skids for a Meyer plow sitting on the floor. I grabbed them for $20. I'll have to fab something up to house them. I like the idea of the pipe, though....

/ Snow removal with grader blade #26  
Here are a few more pics of the mounts I built if you're inclined to go that way.

Sean

Attachments

• DSC00600.jpg
    DSC00600.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 607
  • DSC00606.jpg
    DSC00606.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 551
   / Snow removal with grader blade #27  
Cheap and fast solution. I agree with other posters. Just rotate the blade 180 degrees and move the snow that way. you will not dig into the driveway. Onmce everything is frozen try using the plow as designed. I bet it still shaves off some dirt/gravel.

/ Snow removal with grader blade #28  
Here is a picture of my skid shoe that I am getting ready to install. They were ordered for my Frontier RB1072, AKA Woods RB72.

They are quite beefy weighing in at 36lbs each.

Looks like those dudes are made for the Frontier/Woods 72 incher. Nice!

/ Snow removal with grader blade #29  
I designed this up in 1989 when I took a welding class and I have used it ever since. Works like a champ!
Slitting the pipe was the easypart. I used a torch on a track to slit it straight. Dealing with the residual stresses in the pipe that made it twist up took some work. The welding was the easy part.

Jerry, thanks so much for posting that pic of the pipe! I did the same thing, just got done with our half mile drive way in record time. Felt like I was plowing at mach 10. And the gravel stayed put, mostly. Once the ground freezes it won't be a problem at all. Also it rides very smooth. Thanks again.