Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #1  

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
I've given up on winter and started my spring projects. I just took the chains off my TC40DA this morning. Haven't needed them all winter and didn't get to try my new FEL snowplow mount. But I thought I should warn my neighbors in central IL, IN and OH that there is now a good probability of heavy wet snow in the next few weeks.

Probably should send a note to NWS too.

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #2  
:laughing: Yep, my nephew visiting from 'back east' washed and waxed his new jeep on a beautiful day last Saturday, and it promptly rained, snowed, hailed, and sleeted. Now the sun's back out...

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #3  
I did the about same last week, took my back blade off. Too many 60 & 70 degree days to justify keeping it on in IND. Probably get a killer blizzard in March!!!!

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #4  
I keep thinking the same thing. I know as soon as I get it off and stored it will dump.

Chris

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #5  
Chains?
What chains?
I don't need no stinking chains.
Besides, my girlfriend works just fine without whips and chains. :laughing:

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #6  
Unlike the rest of you shorted sighted people, I just got the three point mounting brackets for my blower in the mail yesterday and will hook up this weekend.

I'll drop the hoe and be ready with the snowblower for the next big storm.

I figure today's 50 degree weather and tomorrow's 60-65 degree weather are clear indicators that we are in for some late March snow.

Can't believe you guys are interpreting these clear signs of snow incorrectly.

Joel

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #7  
After slip sliding around for the last several winters moving snow with my tractor, I put my chains on this winter for the first time in 4 years. After all the fun of wrestling them on I remembered why I don't put them on every winter. It's also no wonder we have had basically no snow yet this winter, no way am I taking them off until mid-April. I figure it I take them off now.. all the snow that we should have been getting all winter will come at once.. then Joel will have to fire up his snowblower and come clear me out.

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #8  
Winter RIP it's time to think Spring. All next week in the 70s according to weatherman.

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #9  
I was out raking today :confused2: never been able to do that before in March. Thinking about putting on the backhoe next weekend, and doing some digging. That ought to bring the snow.

/ Warning to friends in IL,IN, OH -took my chains off #10  
At 6,200' and I also took off front/rear chains, FEL (makes it easier to remove weather break) and 7' blade (goes on fast). Pulled DR 4' grader on our gravel roads for 3 hrs sat/sun. Roads look good, been in 60s/70s here also.