POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ??

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #11  
Just let us know if you take it off so we can all be ready for a big storm the next day :D

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #12  
oh come on now- you know you want to take it off to piss off old man winter :laughing: .

personally at the moment, I just cant do a thing. Even if I take my plow off, I can't use my tractor till ground hardens up from squishy rut making mud to driveable. :(:mad:

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #13  
Back during the early '80's I had a boss who was fond of advising people "leave your snow tires on until after Easter...."

You can apply that kind of logic to removing the snowblower on your tractor if you so choose.

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #14  
Around 15 years ago in a far north climate, early and heavy spring rains encouraged me as much as the buds popping, etc, that spring had sprung. "Take that", Old Man Winter and I removed the heavy Fisher plow from the truck and plopped it on the ground. After all, sunny weather was here with no need to block it up for easier mounting. Plus it was way too warm to freeze into the mud it was slowly sinking it to.

A couple days later, and out of the blue, came a severe cold snap followed by an unexpected dump of wet and heavy snow. And a lot of it. Of course the plow was frozen in like it was a sword in a stone and it was at an awkward angle so mounting without thawing was impossible. Did I mention the winds of more than 50 MPH?
It took me hours to thaw and hook everything up and then twice as long to plow the heavy, wet stuff out of the way from three farm buildings and a house. I believe I spent an entire day in the cold, wet and wind. Ugh.

So, just because of my bad attitude and errant behavior it warmed up dramatically (70 ?) the next couple days and buds started to fully open. Spring had finally arrived and i was likely responsible for it's two day delay.

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #15  
Here in Idaho, i took off my chains as they were messing up my driveway something fierce. I then went and retouched the paint (to prevent rust and protect thru summer ) the snow plow and the blower, and reinstalled the loader bucket.But i dont have the guts to remove the rear pto powered hydraulic system and hoses for the blower quite yet....lets see what the next 2 weeks bring.

If it keeps up as warm as it is now, im going to pull everything in 2 more weeks and put in storage.

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #16  
Unless you have something to do with the loader I would leave the blower on.

In my case I use my loader mainly for doing stuff in the woods but the snow is 3 to 4 feet deep and very solid, so no reason to remove the blower since I couldn't easily get my tractor in the woods. In addition I had to snow blow 7 times in the last two weeks, so I am not convinced that we are done yet.

One year I took the blower off as the snow was gone, pretty much, and then it snowed. I thought I would use the front end loader to remove the wet heavy snow, but all I did was make a mess and gave up. I realized that it would soon be gone so I just drove over it. My wife and I each have 4WD vehicles. Below are some still pictures I took 3 days ago when the temperature was almost 0 and you can see why I won't be taking the blower off just yet.

Winters peak - YouTube

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #17  
So what say you? Go with my urge and remove the blower..... or use more caution and wait another month ?? :confused:

After hauling the blower around all winter unused, removed it 3 days ago.

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #18  
The national weather station in Grey Maine says that for the next 2 weeks the temps are to in the 40's 50's and 60's. He says it is pretty safe to assume that people in the southern part of NH can put their snow removal items away for the season. Now that I've said that, watch it snow like crazy. Roger

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #19  
Thanks but no thanks. The blower stays on until late March or early April. By then even if we get snow he frost will be gone and mud season will be well into rut season. Once that happens I'd blow more mud and rocks than snow.

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #20  
June first unless I am lulled into a sense of guilt
about losing a wiener dog in tall grass.:thumbsup: