POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ??

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #1  

Ductape

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
OK..... sure feels like winter is over here in New Hampshire. Mid fifteis today.... weatherman says over sixty degrees tomorrow. I'm getting spring fever, and I want to remove my front blower and put the loader back on. Most years I would wait another month.... but this definitely hasn't been most years ! What an incredibly mild winter we've had.

So what say you? Go with my urge and remove the blower..... or use more caution and wait another month ?? :confused:

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #2  
Lots of variables, makes it hard to judge your situation.

How much area do you need to clear when it does snow?

Do you have any other snow removal equipment?

Could you manage to clear any significant snowfall with the FEL if you needed to?

Last, but not least: How long would it take you to remove the FEL and reinstall the blower if you need to?

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #3  
Wait till after saint paddys day. That day you never know whats gonna happen..;)

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #4  
OK..... sure feels like winter is over here in New Hampshire. Mid fifteis today.... weatherman says over sixty degrees tomorrow. I'm getting spring fever, and I want to remove my front blower and put the loader back on. Most years I would wait another month.... but this definitely hasn't been most years ! What an incredibly mild winter we've had.

So what say you? Go with my urge and remove the blower..... or use more caution and wait another month ?? :confused:

Ductape, I was lazy and never put the blower on!! What a winter in NH... not.

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ??
Vita, I was only a half step ahead of you. I copletely missed our October storm, as I never put the blower on till mid November. Then I put it on the tractor, but never quite got around to installing the mid-pto shaft until a few weeks ago. Used the blower for one storn all season. :mur:

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #6  
If you have luck like me, removing the blower will guarantee a major snowstorm. :laughing:

This is why I have another tractor.....:D

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #7  
I nervously did it last weekend. I've got road grading to do on my driveway and lane with the bucket and rear blade. Sometimes--like putting in the garden--you just have to make an educated guess and hope for the best. Good luck to all!!! Regards, Mike

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ??
If you have luck like me, removing the blower will guarantee a major snowstorm. :laughing:

This is why I have another tractor.....:D

I like the way you think ! ;)

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #9  

It depends on if you want any more snow.

Because if ya remove it, you will get more snow.

If ya leave it on, you wont get any more snow:thumbsup:

/ POLL: Remove snowblower and re-install loader now, or later ?? #10  
When I lived in rural Maine, there was a law about this. If you take the blade or blower off, you are guaranteed a significant storm. Take it off and leave it on blocks and it will be snow but no severe cold. Just wet snow.

Take it off and leave it flat in the ground and you will get light, fluffy snow that will blow away and severe cold that will rock-hard freeze that implement to the ground. I can't tell you how many severe April storms I induced by my carelessness. Even in Ohio, where we are on the clear, I keep one eye open and the implement on.

Last edited: