Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default Re: POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait?

Quote Originally Posted by deezler View Post
    why would you take the FEL off?? It's only used for snow removal?
    Basically yes, when the tractor was newer back in 2003, I used the FEL all the time for grading, digging, moving fill, rock placement, etc. but as time went along it got less and less use. At least 90% of my tractor hours now are mowing time and the FEL simply adds weight and overall length. Why haul it around when not needed?
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

Tractor
    Satoh beaver s370d

Quote Originally Posted by deezler View Post
    why would you take the FEL off?? It's only used for snow removal?
    thats what I was thinking.... seems like a waste for a loader.... lol

I'm building one to do everything, but mainly grading rock/dirt removal...I guess once thats done I won't "need" it, but its too handy not to have on it imo
    1999 Kubota G1900 HST B2750 Dozer blade

Satoh S370D Beaver 4x4, 2 cyl Mitsu diesel, Custom FEL with Hay forks

Woods RB60, KK 48" BB, Woods RM59 CCW, 48" Brinly disc, Farmhand Carryall, AB 1 btm plow, AB HH/trailer mover

Angry Beaver Front End Loader build thread- Click Here

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Quote Originally Posted by Freakingstang View Post
    thats what I was thinking.... seems like a waste for a loader.... lol

I'm building one to do everything, but mainly grading rock/dirt removal...I guess once thats done I won't "need" it, but its too handy not to have on it imo
    I almost never use the loader after removing it in the spring after the last heavy snowfall has passed, then in late fall I mount it and use it for hoisting the mower deck for cleaning underneath after removal, then use the loader for hauling brush and rocks, etc. Outside of snow removal I might use it 4-5 hours per year, not enough to justify leaving it installed for 80-90 mowing hours. But when the tractor was new, I probably used the loader 40-50 hours of the year.
    Never be ashamed of making a mistake. The only people who never (bleep) up are people who never try to do something new.

"I have never learned from a man who agreed with me." Attributed to Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12