POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait?

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Today it hit 66 degrees, and the local weather service said this is the fourth-mildest winter Mid-Michigan has ever experienced. I was thinking about pulling my FEL and RB off the bigger Deere, but do you think I should wait another month, just in case we get another big snowfall? Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 176
   / POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #2  
I would wait--you wouldn't want to shovel by hand, would you?:laughing:

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #3  
If you were 300 miles further south I'd remove it now but in Michigan I would hold off another 2-3 weeks myself.

We've had a total all winter of about six inches of snow spread evenly over three "storms" here in Boston. I never started the snowblower except to test it. I've used a broom rather than shovel to clear the walkways.

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #4  
We had 10 inches in October and a foot last week

There is none left on the ground

I'm thinking one more storm

But then I just got my three point blower so wishful thinking

Joel

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #5  
I'd wait least couple more weeks,lot easiers to remove attachment when warm than hooking up when cold wet.

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #6  
Took my rear mt blower off the end of Dec 2011, FEL bucket is off and setting somewhere around the place. But the skidding winch is on the back and forks on the front. I'm not scarred ! ! ! I know what your thinking. . .not scared just "stupid". Got a whopping 1" last night! . . .John :laughing:

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #7  
We in Michigan historically get some of our biggest wettest system snowfalls in late March, even some early April. That said, I would not hesitate to strip the winter stuff off if you have a project to do. But I would keep the stuff real handy to put back on. We are getting 6" of lake effect today, but we only have about 2 foot of hardpack left on the ground here west of Vanderbilt. Lost quite a bit the last few days...

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #8  
Take it off.

I'm taking my rear mounted snow blower off later today and putting on the rear blade. Tomorrow I'm going to Williamston to grade my daughters driveway with my new RR (ratchet rake).

Last edited:
   / POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #9  
I'm going to wait a bit. We've got a good dumping as late as mid-April.

And it's been a mild warm winter for us as well. Low snow, not many nights sub-zero. Woods crews are making the final push before breakup.

/ POLL: Remove FEL and RB from my tractor now, or wait? #10  
why would you take the FEL off?? It's only used for snow removal?