Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #1  

NHDogman

Tractor
Kobota
Looking for input on a rear blower attachment for my Kobota tractor. I have about a 1/4 mile driveway to blow and some of it is pretty steep. Any input on different manufactures would be appreciated.

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #3  
I would look at land prides 3 pt hitch blower, I bought my last fall. I have the 1051 with hydraulic chute rotation and control. I had in time for the halloween storm got 18" here. It handle it in flying colors. I have it attached to my bx 2360. It maybe a little more expensive than some other brands. But well worth it. It doesn'tPlug up it will pass 3/4"stones without jamming up or anything. It runs real smooth no vibrations, doesn't shake the tractor running a full speed with it off the ground. It's just a well build piece of equipment. Good luck in your search

Brian

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #4  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Snow Removal Forum.

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #5  
Looking for input on a rear blower attachment for my Kobota tractor. I have about a 1/4 mile driveway to blow and some of it is pretty steep. Any input on different manufactures would be appreciated.

Not to name drop but you should send Koopster a PM and ask him about his Pronovost TRC rear mount. The TRC models have a rotating impeller drum that bypasses the chute and spout and Koopster was very happy with it as this was his first winter with it and it did not clog on him as the snow caster had no trouble with what snow he has to deal with every year.

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #6  
Welcome! Be sure when you find a good three point blower you also find a good chiropractor.

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #7  
NHDogman said:

Sir:
I just bought a METEOR 68" pull behind snowthrower to use behind my JD 3520... It was a very nice purchase. It worked well in both wet and dry snow. It has its drawbacks in tight areas because you can't maneuver it like a backing snowthrower but your description of having to blow a long drive will make you very appreciative of a pull type thrower. I typically blow more than half a mile. I get sore enough using this set-up I can't imagine doing it all in reverse.
If you do purchase try a hydraulic chute turner. It will save having to crank by hand.

METEOR is a canadian brand built by M.K.Martin. Their website is: www.mkmartin.ca

Hope i was of some help
Gerry

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #8  
Muhammad said:
Welcome to TBN. :)

You recently requested that I "introduce" my tractor as part of being welcomed to the forum.

Here goes:
I purchased a JD 3520 in January 2011. I traded a JD 770 which I had owned for 15 great years. The 3520 has about 15 more horsepower and has been found to be more maneuverable than the 770. It has a shuttle shift and great hydraulics which means that my front end loader works very well. The 3520 has started easily even in cold weather and it handles the seven foot blade which I added as an implement. I would have preferred a six foot blade but I could not get one with hydraulic angling and side to side positioning.
I could not get this tractor from Deere with a factory cab because I would not opt for hydrostatic drive. Imagine not being able to get the cab you wanted because it did not cost enough. I ordered a Jodale Perry Boxer II in lieu of factory cab and am very satisfied with it.
Dislikes: The seat suspension is not firm enough for my 225 pounds and I see other owners of different makes with the same problem. Some of the other ergonomic problems are a barely reachable emergency brake lever, and shift and three point hitch levers which are too close to the seat. This makes them a bit hard to reach and if one needs to look to the rear or sides it's very easy to shift the tractor out of gear. Apparently JD forgot to put detents in their A/B/C range lever.
The tractor has great power and handles my 68" pull type snowthrower with ease. In spite of the above gripes, there's no other tractor choice for me because of reliability, parts availability and Deere's 175 years of serving everyone.
Gerry

/ Snow Blower Attachment for Tractor #9  
I went through this very same process a year or so ago. Make sure you get one that is wide enough to cover the span of your rear tires. You'll hear alot of people complain about using a rear mount blower, but they really are not that bad. For me, the price difference from a front mount was money well-saved. I researched the various brands and considered new and used units. I ultimately went with a 64 inch Pronovost to use on my Kubota. It is extremely well made by the folks up in Canada. You're timing is probably pretty good to get a better price now that the season is winding down. Good luck and let us know how you make out.