Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #1  

R_Walter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240
For snow removal, has anyone ever used Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades on their quick attach Kubota. (My Kubota is an L4240.) The blade comes in an 8 footer as well as a 9 footer. Looking at buying one for the next snow season.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #2  
Did you get a TB25? Thinking of getting one for our MX5100.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #3  
If you haven't already, check out our WR Long Hydraulic Front Blades. They are build very well and will match that MX5100 perfectly.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #4  
If you haven't already, check out our WR Long Hydraulic Front Blades. They are build very well and will match that MX5100 perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have two possible concerns about the WR Long for my application: 1) One thing I like about the Land Pride plow is that it has a little bit of pivot available at the center so that it can deal with variation in slope or crown. 2) The weight seems a little low compared to other plows that I've looked at, which makes me wonder if I will end up tearing it up on the rocks that are just a foot or two beyond my driveway.

Any feedback appreciated...

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #5  
I wouldn't be the least bit worried about the durability of that blade on your tractor.
WR Long does make heavier snow blades, but the extra weight would only hurt the traction dept. IMO.
I can't give you a true opinion about the center pivot, but i've not heard any complaints concerning the WR Long blades. There are probably some members that have tried them, so i'll let them chime in on that.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades
Did you get a TB25? Thinking of getting one for our MX5100.

Never did... yet. Last winter snow wasn't so bad. Probably get a boat load this winter.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #7  
Still looking at options,and never did find anybody who has a TB25. Seems kinda expensive compared to others. But now I'm kind of getting interested in a V-plow.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #8  
Still looking at options,and never did find anybody who has a TB25. Seems kinda expensive compared to others. But now I'm kind of getting interested in a V-plow.

If you are going to be plowing on gravel I would not recommend that style blade. they dig in too bad. Get one that suspended by a chain like this one.

John Deere with Fisher Plow - YouTube

Meyer makes some trip edge blades and i think you can get them for a tractor.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #9  
At our place the ground freezes hard, like concrete. Except for the first storm and the last storm or two, trashing the surface isn't a problem.

/ Land Pride's TB25 Series front-mounted Trip Edge Blades #10  
At our place the ground freezes hard, like concrete. Except for the first storm and the last storm or two, trashing the surface isn't a problem.

The plow like in the video i posted also works better because it keeps the weight of the loader on the front tires.

When you have to plow with the loader in float the front gets light.