Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Hanson snow blower

/ Hanson snow blower #1  

doctorclean

Hi guys, I need some advice. I want a snow blower for my tractor. My neighbor told me about a snowblower the other day. I called the number and it turned out to be a Hanson truck mounted snow blower for $600. it is disconnected from the truck. She says it ran 2 years ago when parked and the oil looks good. Her husband died and she has someone else plow the driveway now. My question is should i buy this and have someone fabricate a mount for the loader on my Deere 4120? Should I buy it and sell it for more money to help finance a 3 point hitch snowblower? Can I sell it for $1000? , apparently Hanson doesn't exist anymore. Its serial number is 10702 and the motor that powers it is a Linamar 990. Or should I walk away?

/ Hanson snow blower #2  
I have always heard that the Hanson blowers were underpowered. I have seen a couple videos of them and they only show taking small bites of snow along one side of the blower, and even at that they sometimes have a hard time. What is the hp rating and the width of the one you are looking at?

Blane

/ Hanson snow blower #3  
Hi guys, I need some advice. I want a snow blower for my tractor. My neighbor told me about a snowblower the other day. I called the number and it turned out to be a Hanson truck mounted snow blower for $600. it is disconnected from the truck. She says it ran 2 years ago when parked and the oil looks good. Her husband died and she has someone else plow the driveway now. My question is should i buy this and have someone fabricate a mount for the loader on my Deere 4120? Should I buy it and sell it for more money to help finance a 3 point hitch snowblower? Can I sell it for $1000? , apparently Hanson doesn't exist anymore. Its serial number is 10702 and the motor that powers it is a Linamar 990. Or should I walk away?

I am unfamiliar with the engine brands as they were using Briggs and Stratton engines previously.

If you do some work on it you could mount it on the rear if desired as your loader may not be able to handle the total weight anyway.

If you install one of Clarences Impeller Kits on it you will increase the Hansons effective throwing distance and eliminating any plugging of the impeller housing.

Mr. Hanson died and the family folded the company operations. The parts are a basic parts that are obtainable from a good repair shop that stocks basic pulleys, bearings, roller chain etc.

Mr Hanson made the same mistake everyone else does with these things as he did not use a 540 rpm gear box and the cross auger that feeds the impeller fan is an open auger configuration-bad bad idea for an under powered snow caster to begin with(the cross auger floods the impeller and reduces the efficiency of the impeller. the other issue is that the impeller needs one of clarences impeller kits to improve its eficiency and snow casting distance.

if you can have a three point hitch built with a tray to mount the snow blower on it and install Clarences Impeller kit you should be able to move a lot of snow.

/ Hanson snow blower
The Linamar LX 990 is 24 HP. The blower is 7 feet wide. That sure doesn't seem powerful enough. I am going to pass. Thanks guys.

/ Hanson snow blower #5  
Hello Drclean,

would you be so kind as to PM me with the contact information/for sale ad etc. for this snow caster?

Thanks much

/ Hanson snow blower
Leonz if you give me your info I will pass your number onto them.

/ Hanson snow blower #7  
Where is the Hanson snow caster located before we go further with this?

Thanks much Dr. Clean

Leon

/ Hanson snow blower #9  
Homer Alaska

AH, a bit far for me and my dump trailer to travel by rail and barge.

Before you pass on it totally please check out Clarences Impeller kit as
it would help you a huge amount with the snow caster.

If you type clarences impeller kit you will find it here on the forum and
links to his web page. He has a huge following and many very happy customers
that have bought his impeller kits for both lawn mower snow casters and
farm tractor snow casters.

The rubber impeller extensions bolt on to the original impeller paddles and sweep
the impeller drum clean of snow and ice at each revolution of the impeller.

When you get to Clarences home page you will find links to the Youtube videos showing the
impeller kits and how well the snow casters perform after the kits are installed.

thanks much

/ Hanson snow blower #10  
From a personal standpoint the Hanson Blower was horribly underpowered..An 8' blower can use 100hp to do a nice job , 24 hp on 7' is far from adequate .. Fair mfg put 48hp on their 48" bobcat mounted blowers..