Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200

/ Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200 #1  

mbkubota

Tractor
Kubota B2320
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a L3200. Commericial tractor snow blades are $$$ so I was hoping to make one as I did for my BX. A few questions...

1) If I get the QA do I want to keep the curl hyrdos hooked up when I plow? Will this make it harder to plow (especially if I'm on gravel 50% of the time)? On my BX I disconnected the curl and used the valve to power the blade hydro. I mounted a chain to the plow which connected to the loader beam and the weight of the plow kept it on the ground. Otherwise I would need to install a remote hydro.

2) If I build my own off an old truck plow would the QA make it harder to fabricate? I've attached a picture of a Curtis pin on (non QA) plow. I can't tell from the picture, but I'm assuming this needs a remote hyrdo for the plow?

3) Is 7.5 ft too big for this tractor? I'm planning on loaded turf tires. I've never needed chains while plowing my driveway with my BX, but now I will be plowing a 800ft dirt road.

4) Any reasonably priced commericial tractor blades out there?

Thanks!

Attachments

• curtis_snow_plow.jpg
    curtis_snow_plow.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 6,871
   / Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200 #2  
I'm building a QA plow for our 40hp Mahindra. (There's a thread in this forum) Obviously I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell you how well it works. I'm running hoses from the rear remotes to control the angle cylinders. The plow I have is a 7.5' Meyer truck plow, but my tractor is a good deal heavier than an L3200 (approaching 7,000lbs with loaded rear tires). Maybe others will have more knowledge about sizing. You can always cut the plow down if it's too much for the tractor.

/ Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200 #3  
One of the features that more expensive plows have that I think is very important is lateral float. If you are plowing perfectly flat parking lots or driveways it's not so important but if you are trying to maintain a 800' long driveway with any sort of crown or irregular contour having a blade that will follow that contour will do a much better job.

/ Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200 #4  
Get the quick attach on the loader, you'll get your money back on it every time. With a rear remote you could run soft lines to the front for the blade angle that could come off when not in use..

/ Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200 #5  
A 7.5ft."may" be too big for your tractor,all depends on types of snow.You will need some ballast.I had a 6ft.sub-frame mounted on a L3130 and now have a 8 ft. Fel mounted on a L4240...both with loaded ags(R1"s) and no chains.

/ Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200
Deerherd said:
One of the features that more expensive plows have that I think is very important is lateral float. If you are plowing perfectly flat parking lots or driveways it's not so important but if you are trying to maintain a 800' long driveway with any sort of crown or irregular contour having a blade that will follow that contour will do a much better job.

Do you know any models that have the lateral float? Unfortunately our road doesn't have a crown, developer cheaped out on gravel, but float still sounds like a good feature

nybirdman said:
A 7.5ft."may" be too big for your tractor,all depends on types of snow.You will need some ballast.I had a 6ft.sub-frame mounted on a L3130 and now have a 8 ft. Fel mounted on a L4240...both with loaded ags(R1"s) and no chains.

Thanks, I may try a 7ft. Any suggestions on brand?

/ Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200 #8  
Do you know any models that have the lateral float? Unfortunately our road doesn't have a crown, developer cheaped out on gravel, but float still sounds like a good feature

I know the HLA blades have lateral float and they make several models. I'm sure others on here could direct you to different manufacturers that have that feature.

Deerherd said:
I know the HLA blades have lateral float and they make several models. I'm sure others on here could direct you to different manufacturers that have that feature.

Thanks! Good timing I just found HLA online. They seem like the best built do far compared to Curtis, Meyer. Just need to decide on the 6.5 or 7ft model.

/ Need suggestions for FEL mounted plow on Kubota L3200 #10  
you will most likely want blade wide enough to cover tires, when blade is angled.

the trip springs are important!

chains can help a lot with traction, it is not so much the snow. but the "ice" sheet that can form. right on the surface of the ground.

are you looking at "gauge" wheels or skies / sled shoes? to adjust blade, so it does not dig down into the ground?

have you consider taken FEL off completely, and mounting a plow to the front. and up to the frame that wraps around the motor?

if you use FEL, "float" function for FEL arms can be a big one. on the 555c TLB i have, i do have float option and it comes in handy with dirt work with the general heavy duty bucket on the FEL. but your joystick/levers for FEL may not have "float" option. and may mean replacing the valves (joystick/levers) for upgraded valve set that has float option.

===============
have you consider getting a old full size truck, and just getting a regular old truck plow for it? and tossing some weight in rear end, vs getting plow for tractor?

truck = heated cab, lights, and higher ground speed, so when you do plow it tosses / shoves snow further away.