Subcompact snowpusher

/ Subcompact snowpusher #1  

vanb

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota bx2350
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cotech/sets/72157629137272698/

I found this product while looking for as now pusher for my Kubota BX. My goal is to have a 60" snow pusher and a 3pt snowblower ( debating a smaller 46" or a 51" one). The company is cotech out of Quebec. I got a price of $1500 for the 60" snow pusher. Shipping not included. Does anyone else use a snow pusher with a sun compact? At that price it'll have to wait, instill need to get a 3 pt blower. I have no interest in using the 48" bucket to move snow. I have an ATV with a 66" snowplow.

/ Subcompact snowpusher #3  
Depending on what you are doing a pusher may be fine but I don't know about trying to do a driveway with one on a bx especially. I was thinking today when I was looking at snow blades on ebay about a 4ft on a bx. Another thing I thought would be neat for a bx would be a loader mounted power angle blade were you take the bucket off. Here is a 4ft pusher on ebay but you would have to weld on your own attachment points. Have you considered a front mount snow blower and a rear blade?

/ Subcompact snowpusher #4  
If you are going with a rear blower, (which needs to be a little wider than your tractor) be careful with the width you select for your front pusher/blade. If it's a lot wider you will end up dragging the blade or running with it raised above the snow (which always seems to block where you want to see) and in really deep snow it can be downright aggravating. Maybe you could use the atv for plowing small snows and bring out the tractor with blower and bucket when things get good. I mean bad.....:)

/ Subcompact snowpusher
I've thought a lot about what will work (9 years of plowing) since most snows here in MN are 1-5 inch snow falls a snow pusher would work best. My drive is 120'-3 stalls wide with 45 degree turn, so pushing half off at the turn and the bottom half across the road. The 3pt blower would be for those really big blizzard snows cutting back edges, if needed. I have an ATV with a 66" plow and a 26" walk behind blower that has works fine, I just really want to do it all with my BX. I know it seams like a lot of money when what I have works, but the heart wants what it wants.

/ Subcompact snowpusher #6  
I've thought a lot about what will work (9 years of plowing) since most snows here in MN are 1-5 inch snow falls a snow pusher would work best. My drive is 120'-3 stalls wide with 45 degree turn, so pushing half off at the turn and the bottom half across the road. The 3pt blower would be for those really big blizzard snows cutting back edges, if needed. I have an ATV with a 66" plow and a 26" walk behind blower that has works fine, I just really want to do it all with my BX. I know it seams like a lot of money when what I have works, but the heart wants what it wants.

I was worried about a pusher filling up fast but for a average storm you may be okay.

/ Subcompact snowpusher #7  
I don't think a pusher is what you want at all. It is not a lot different the plowing with the bucket, which I've found is not good with a sub compact. If you really want to use the BX I'd be looking at adapting the ATV plow to it.

/ Subcompact snowpusher #8  
Also, I've seen where some guys add box ends to a standard plow (on a truck). Seems to me you could do that ala pusher and keep your options for a lot less money.

/ Subcompact snowpusher #9  
Also, I've seen where some guys add box ends to a standard plow (on a truck). Seems to me you could do that ala pusher and keep your options for a lot less money.

He could do that to one of these.