Identify Tecumseh Sno King Engine model?

/ Identify Tecumseh Sno King Engine model? #1  

man114

Garbage picked this think its either an 8 or a 10hp. All obvious markings such as the sticker on top are worn beyond legible. Typical carb issues, I can get it running but it'll need a carb rebuild for sure (for all I know they take the same kit) was stored outside, water got into the carb and its pretty bad. Anyone know where they've got any hidden markings for these so I can figure what I've got here. It looks similar to the HMS80 on another snowblower I've got but I can't be certain as it has a diffrent muffler.

/ Identify Tecumseh Sno King Engine model? #2  
If you are lucky there may be some identification numbers on the carb itself.

If this is a model with the silk screened name plate I do not believe Tecumseh did any metal impression stamping of model code on them them. Silk screen gone equals big money at your local repair center vs the home owner doing his own repairs.

/ Identify Tecumseh Sno King Engine model? #3  
I'm not positive but does the 10 hp have a larger diameter crankshaft? I have a 10hp with a 1" shaft and had a 7hp that had a 3/4" and a 7 or 8 hp that had a 3/4".

/ Identify Tecumseh Sno King Engine model?
I'm not positive but does the 10 hp have a larger diameter crankshaft? I have a 10hp with a 1" shaft and had a 7hp that had a 3/4" and a 7 or 8 hp that had a 3/4".

I can measure the crankshaft off the other snowblower I suppose. The engine still has the pulleys attached.

As far as taking it in somewhere that is not going to happen. I repair this stuff all the time, but need to figure out the parts needed for the carb. Given this, a replacement carb is probably just as easy given the condition of what I'm looking at.

If you want any indication of how bad it was the fuel fill needle has that little metal clip that attaches to the float, it had completely dissolved to rust. That said it cleaned up surprisingly good all considered.

Just dunno how I am going to proceed. Don't really need the engine but compression is fine, runs when primed, electric start works and is otherwise in good shape, seems a shame to waste it.