Arctic Poly Skin

/ Arctic Poly Skin #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Our TBN member (RFB) asked me to show him the poly skin I have on my blade so rather than post it on someone else s thread I'll post it here.

This is a poly plow I had on my old pick up that I later modified to fit my Kubota 4240 and now my Kubota 5740. The poly skin can be purchased at a Arctic Plow dealer and you'll have to cut the steel skin off your blade and adapt the blade frame to accept the poly skin. The skin's thickness is 3/8th thick and snow will never stick to it so that's why I like it so much. We get a good bit of wet snow over here and this blade takes care of that.

I also added a kick back shock to the blade as well because there were times the blade would recoil and flick snow and ice back towards the windshield. The shock took care of that issue. The blade comes back nice and easy now making it much safer.

I also added rear skids to the "A" frame to prevent the rear of the blade from digging into the pavement. Here's is a link to the original thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/131136-snow-plow-adapted-fel.html

Lower rear skids

skid2.jpg

pad1-1.jpg

exhaust.jpg

Front skin

f2-6.jpg

a2.jpg

Front shock

pl13.jpg

pl14.jpg

/ Arctic Poly Skin #2  
Paul,

Is there a skin made for, or a way to put a poly skin onto an existing steel skin (I run a Curtis 7.5 in the attached pic.)

Thank you sir!

Attachments

• Feb 10 2006 013.jpg
    Feb 10 2006 013.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 310
   / Arctic Poly Skin
Paul,

Is there a skin made for, or a way to put a poly skin onto an existing steel skin (I run a Curtis 7.5 in the attached pic.)

Thank you sir!

I'd say it's an easy install. I can measure mine tomorrow and see if it would fit yours. You'd just need to drill a few 1/2 holes and use carriage bolts to mount it to your steel skin.
Your kindly welcome ;)

/ Arctic Poly Skin
Somebody sure has been busy getting ready for winter.

Na. The tractor is ready but I am working on one small mod right now that's pretty neat if I must say so myself. The shop is still going full tilt and we got the big wedding day in a few weeks for our youngest Navy son so I have to concentrate on the wedding car and a hundred other wedding related things ;)

/ Arctic Poly Skin #6  
Paul,

Thank you sir!

I have seen what you are talking about before but cant seem to find a link at the moment. I think I have seen them in the discount-snowplow-parts catalogs I get. It is basically a thinner poly skin that gets glued over the existing steel skin. I'll keep looking and see if I can fidn a link.

/ Arctic Poly Skin #7  
I have seen what you are talking about before but cant seem to find a link at the moment. I think I have seen them in the discount-snowplow-parts catalogs I get. It is basically a thinner poly skin that gets glued over the existing steel skin. I'll keep looking and see if I can fidn a link.

Found what I was looking for. Non-Stick Snow Plow Liners

There are others that make them too. You can do a search for "poly snowplow liner" and come up with a ton of stuff

/ Arctic Poly Skin

I haven't seen the glue on ones but you could buy a sheet of Teflon and do the same. Here is the link to Arctic Plows. You could email them and ask how much for a replacement skin.

Arctic Snowplows - Accessories

/ Arctic Poly Skin #10  
Yea, maybe I was mis-remembering?? The link is the ones I was talking about. I never paid much attention (and never used them), so I just assumed they glued on. But now I see that they get bolted on at the top, pinched under the cutting edge at the bottom, and silicone to seal and kinda act as a glue for the middle.