rear 3pt blower

/ rear 3pt blower #11  
I had a 60" AgroTrend and just picked up a used 78" Lucknow to go with my new tractor. Both the AgroTrend and Lucknow are made in Canada and are well built units. The Lucknow is a real heavy beast at almost 900 lbs. I'm just waiting for the white stuff to try it.

/ rear 3pt blower #12  
I picked up an old, but unused, 60" Allied/Buhler for $800 and it's worked fine with my B2150. It does not have skid shoes on it, but that has not caused any problems so far.

It will throw the snow easily 20' away. BUT, it does depend on the "type" of snow. Wet and heavy is tougher, AND it will clog up the shoot quickly.

I use an old broom handle to clear it.

I had to call Buhler to get a copy of the manual for it, and they were really great to deal with on the phone and mailed me a photocopy of the manual.

I actually talked to one of the Buhler family. He also sent me some extra shear bolts free of charge.

/ rear 3pt blower #13  
I picked up an old, but unused, 60" Allied/Buhler for $800 and it's worked fine with my B2150. It does not have skid shoes on it, but that has not caused any problems so far.

It will throw the snow easily 20' away. BUT, it does depend on the "type" of snow. Wet and heavy is tougher, AND it will clog up the shoot quickly.

I use an old broom handle to clear it.

I had to call Buhler to get a copy of the manual for it, and they were really great to deal with on the phone and mailed me a photocopy of the manual.

I actually talked to one of the Buhler family. He also sent me some extra shear bolts free of charge.
That's a company to acknowledge on the forum.

Thank You.

/ rear 3pt blower #15  
I just saw a new Buhler at a dealer that had a 1/2" gap between the blower blades and the housing. My old AgroTrend only had a 1/8" gap and my current Lucknow is only slightly more. The smaller the gap, the better it works.

/ rear 3pt blower #16  
My new 60" Buhler has a 5/16" gap.

/ rear 3pt blower #17  
I have run Lucknow's for a few yrs. No problem. Rugged,simple.. But i would love to have a Provost.

Was just looking at the Provost blowers. What do you like about them? They seem mighty lightweight in all regards, only 413 lb. for 64" width. A 60" Woodmax weighs 650, due to heavier metal used all 'round.

/ rear 3pt blower #18  
Tell ya one I would not recommend. That's the Meteor by KD Martin in Canada. I got a 51" a couple years ago and it uses a Superwinch LT2000 modified to rotate the chute. I just bought a new Superwinch brand from Amazon for $70.and modified it yesterday to fit. KD Martin wanted $270. for the same thing. I had to drill and tap four 5/16-18 holes to get the new one mounted.

Now my friends who know about 4 wheeling and winches tell me the Superwinch brand is the bottom of the barrel ..... and if they corrode out after two years I guess they're right.

And after tearing the Meteor Blower apart I now realize the Canadians seem to build like the Chinese. Tolerances don't seem to be part of the program ........ If it don't fit - Force it .... Seems to be the method used.

$2300. I wish I could re-spend.

/ rear 3pt blower #19  
I had a Meteor 60 inch snowblower with manual rotation for over ten years never had a problem....bought a 75 inch model with hydraulic chute rotation about four years ago (due to the purchase of a larger tractor)...to date (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems. I have never had to deal with MK Martin (MK Martin Enterprise,Elmira Ontario) personally but I have heard from more than one person that they are very pleasant and eager to please. I checked out their website MK Martin | Meteor Snow Blowers and it seems that the only chute rotation they seem to offer is manual and hydraulic....after re-reading Sarg's post I see that the Superwinch was apparently a modification.

/ rear 3pt blower #20  
I've just had my MK Martin 75" pull-type snowblower one season but I'm happy with it and the build quality seems fine. Smaller blowers however may use lighter materials, so my opinion may not be relevant for them. Looking at last year's brochures for the pull-type blowers I see the 68" weighs 506# while the 75" weighs 748".

As bennatti states, the new blowers use a hydraulic motor for the chute rotator for an additional $469. Perhaps they changed to hydraulic from winch and cable due to a poor service record. Of course it may have not been so bad if they had used a better quality winch motor.

I did a lot of research before deciding on the MK Martin Meteor. My first choice would have been the more substantial Erskine (made in Minnesota I think) which weighs in at 1,050# for the 78" model pull-type. But it significantly more expensive than the lighter Meteor and I couldn't justify (and afford) the extra cost for my conditions, which aren't too demanding. Another brand that is a step up (I think) is Normand.

As someone stated in this thread Lucknow was another that I closely considered for my conditions and price. I may have gone for it except the dealer said Lucknow's shipping price was $1,000 to be reviewed at the time of delivery. I got the Meteor with free delivery because it was combined with the dealer's larger shipment.

I did call MK Martin while doing my research and found them very helpful.

Again, I've just got 1 year on the Meteor and I'm happy with it. If it falls apart in a couple of years I'll change my tune. But I don't think it will give non operator-caused problems.