Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

Default Re: rear 3pt blower

Quote Originally Posted by WinterDeere View Post
    Was just looking at the Provost blowers. What do you like about them? They seem mighty lightweight in all regards, only 413 lb. for 64" width. A 60" Woodmax weighs 650, due to heavier metal used all 'round.
    WinterDeere, I wonder if flyingcrow meant to refer to Pronovost. Their 68" blower is 707# and 62" is 575#.

yes i meant pronovost blowers

this is a a nice one. Pronovost- PXPL Snowblowers
    TN75D, w/cab, FEL, BH
    7 1/2 ft Lucknow Blower

Tractor
    NH T1030- 49G Brockway

Quote Originally Posted by bennatti View Post
    I checked out their website MK Martin | Meteor Snow Blowers and it seems that the only chute rotation they seem to offer is manual and hydraulic....after re-reading Sarg's post I see that the Superwinch was apparently a modification.
    When I purchased the 51" they offered manual, hydraulic or electric power on the chute.

Tractor
    John Deere 855

I checked out Meteor, and was thoroughly unimpressed. At 396 lb., more than 100 lb. lighter than the average, and they have smaller augers and fans than most blowers, although strangely they recommend much higher horsepower to run than the equivalent Woods. It also wasn't clear what "Weld on" skid shoes meant... are they adjustable? Does the customer have to weld them on himself?

I've not seen too much bad press about Woods or Frontier. Why buy a Meteor?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

WinterDeere, the weld-on skid shoes are flat bars welded to the sides. You can see them in the photo on this page:

http://mkmartin.ca/products.php

Meteor also has optional adjustable skid shoes for $119 (last year). They are round disks on square tubing similar to those found on truck mounted blades.

I agree--the horsepower recommendations are confusing. My 75" pull-type recommends 50 hp. My DK35 is only 28 hp PTO. My dealer assured me it would easily handle the blower, and that proved to be the case(for my conditions). I wonder if the 50 hp is a Maximum rating since it would be easy to over stress components with too much power.

Some manufacturers give minimum and maximum ratings.

Tractor
    Deere 955 / NH 2120

I had a 75" Meteor rear blower on my 2120 for a few years, not a bad unit, but not that great either. Had to drill more adjusting holes in the spout, the factory ones just wouldn't put the snow in the "right" place.
    Finially got tired of having a sore back and neck evertyime I used it, went back to the front blower on my 955.

Ed

Tractor
    2010 Kioti ck30 gear

I have a pronovost Puma64 on my CK30 gear, and all i can say is that i'll entirely satisfied, this thing really blows snow and will last a very long time.-ck-30-avec-equipements-005-a-ck-30-avec-equipements-004-a-001-jpg Price isn't a thing to consider when wanting quality/durability in my op.

Tractor
    John Deere 855

Quote Originally Posted by Kiotikarl View Post
    I have a pronovost Puma64... Price isn't a thing to consider when wanting quality/durability in my op.
    Yet you bought a budget blower. If price was no object, you'd have bought the similarly-sized Pronovost P-620.

Tractor
    2010 Kioti ck30 gear

Actually the Puma isn't a budget blower, same thing as a regular Pronovost but without the chain garde, semi-ind chute, bolted wear bar, well that's the dealer had to say. Could simply not justify the 1100$ difference. My CK30 is only a spare snow tractor. But now how's this blower-kioti-dk45se-002-jpg

Tractor
    John Deere 855

Just taking a jab for fun. I actually considered a PUMA-64, but went with the Woods because they offer a less expensive route (electric) for chute controls. Had Pronovost offered electric chute rotation and deflector, I'd very likely have switched to them, when Deere called me back to tell me they could only get the Woods in orange. Pronovost currently has a PUMA-64 sitting in their facility already painted Deere green.

Price on the Woods SB64S and Pronovost PUMA-64 was basically the same, but I'd have had some freight charges on the PUMA, whereas the Woods was already sitting in the lot at my Deere dealer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast