rear 3pt blower

/ rear 3pt blower #31  
Hey guys,
With winter coming up on toying with blowing vs pushing snow this winter.
Who makes the best cheaper rear blower? What can i expect to pay for a 60" rear 3-point blower?
Thanks everyone.

With a new EXPENSIVE 3320 cabbed JD why would one want to stretch your neck and drive backwards ? Get with the program and find a 59" front snowblower. Add wings if you feel it is too narrow but this is the ticket. After a couple trips up the drive twisted around dodging things you thought you saw ......... the light bulb will go on ( I could have had a V-8 ) noooo, why didn't I try out a front mounted unit ? I can't imagine going back to old technology... even to save a couple bucks.

/ rear 3pt blower #32  
In my case:

Rear mounted blower: $2500
Front mounted blower: $6200

A couple of bucks?

I did search a while for a second hand front-mount blower with mounts to fit my machine. With one exception, which I missed by a few hours thanks to Hurricane Sandy, only ones I found were missing the mount and hardware ($1200 for the mount, a few hundred more for the driveshaft and bearing carrier), beat to ****, or not local. In the end, it became impossible to justify the added cost of front mounted, for someone who only puts a few hours a year on their snowblower.

/ rear 3pt blower #33  
There are Kia buyers and those who prefer Cadillacs. If you want to look backwards for the next twenty years the neck brace is up to you. The owner with a fancy new JD with a living room comfort cab doesn't see the value in the attachment the machine is built for he certainly needs to reread the brochure.
I purchased a 59" front mount for half of what a new cheap rear mount costs. It's 3 years old and barely used. Nothing wrong with used if it is in good condition and priced accordingly. Yes I think five grand is too much but that is JDs msrp. I was not going to settle for pain killers and a drivers obstacle course lesson.
There are also posts on how to repair 1980s or older tractors. I prefer the new. No desire to replace clutches, bearings, and the like. It's up to the individual with the wallet and his interpretation of thrift.

/ rear 3pt blower #34  
SARG said:
And after tearing the Meteor Blower apart I now realize the Canadians seem to build like the Chinese. Tolerances don't seem to be part of the program ........ If it don't fit - Force it .... Seems to be the method used.

$2300. I wish I could re-spend.

Yup,

US manufacturing tolerances are so much better...look at the big 3 automakers lol.

Wonder why most things are now built in China!

/ rear 3pt blower #36  
Buckgnarly said:
A properly placed rear view mirror (18.00 before shipping from Summit) can go a long way with a rear mounted blower........

A better investment is an pull type blower. Had one for 30 years, never got stuck. And before anyone starts, they are extremely popular in Quebec, and many areas get more snow in one winter than most areas get in 5 years.

Next will be pull type.

/ rear 3pt blower #37  
With a new EXPENSIVE 3320 cabbed JD why would one want to stretch your neck and drive backwards ? Get with the program and find a 59" front snowblower. Add wings if you feel it is too narrow but this is the ticket. After a couple trips up the drive twisted around dodging things you thought you saw ......... the light bulb will go on ( I could have had a V-8 ) noooo, why didn't I try out a front mounted unit ? I can't imagine going back to old technology... even to save a couple bucks.

There are Kia buyers and those who prefer Cadillacs. If you want to look backwards for the next twenty years the neck brace is up to you. The owner with a fancy new JD with a living room comfort cab doesn't see the value in the attachment the machine is built for he certainly needs to reread the brochure.
I purchased a 59" front mount for half of what a new cheap rear mount costs. It's 3 years old and barely used. Nothing wrong with used if it is in good condition and priced accordingly. Yes I think five grand is too much but that is JDs msrp. I was not going to settle for pain killers and a drivers obstacle course lesson.

Easy there. You sound like a lib - your way or the highway? Give me a break. :thumbsdown:

There are a lot of 3pt blower owners out there in tractor-land.

Here's a news flash. Used front mount blowers aren't all that easy to find in some parts of the country. New front blowers are WAY more than a couple bucks more than 3pt blowers.

So get off your high horse. :irked:

/ rear 3pt blower #38  
bandit67 said:
Easy there. You sound like a lib - your way or the highway? Give me a break. :thumbsdown:

There are a lot of 3pt blower owners out there in tractor-land.

Here's a news flash. Used front mount blowers aren't all that easy to find in some parts of the country. New front blowers are WAY more than a couple bucks more than 3pt blowers.

So get off your high horse. :irked:

Correct! Over $5,000 for a new front mount vs $3,000 for a new pull type. Tons of used pull types, used front mounts are rare!!

/ rear 3pt blower #39  
WilliamBos said:
Correct! Over $5,000 for a new front mount vs $3,000 for a new pull type. Tons of used pull types, used front mounts are rare!!

Who makes a $3k pull type?

/ rear 3pt blower #40  
Amen, bandit67. Well said.

Word I've read and heard (many times) is that a pull type ain't so useful for someone with a compact utility. A bigger tractor, yes... but a compact utility, no.