Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT

Who makes a $3k pull type?
    For a conventional rear 3 point (drive forwards) for our 1635, Lucknow, MK Martin, are just shy of that. Those are all made here in Ontario a couple of hours from me. Provonost will be the same price. Our current blower was just under $2,500, thats a 50" Farm King.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Platinum Member

Default Re: rear 3pt blower

Winter Deere;
    Stick with your loader. Next you will be trying to figure out cost of diesel fuel per snow fall. I was frugal like you once... then I realized I didn't have a two hundred year warranty. Now I look at and buy quality. Both my tractorsd have less than three hundred hours and I guarantee they will never reach a thousand... at least on my yard. I am a serious buyer that likes newer toys. You look at the antique style back up snowblowers while I drive forward like it is supposed to be. Maybe you should look at a bidirectional machine... oh wait a minute, your budget wouldn't allow it.
    You can thank JD for quality products because buyers like you always need to keep the old style machines running. If I had one I would donate it to a museum.

Platinum Member

Winter Deere;
    Stick with your loader. Next you will be trying to figure out cost of diesel fuel per snow fall. I was frugal like you once... then I realized I didn't have a two hundred year warranty. Now I look at and buy quality. Both my tractorsd have less than three hundred hours and I guarantee they will never reach a thousand... at least on my yard. I am a serious buyer that likes newer toys. You look at the antique style back up snowblowers while I drive forward like it is supposed to be. Maybe you should look at a bidirectional machine... oh wait a minute, your budget wouldn't allow it.
    You can thank JD for quality products because buyers like you always need to keep the old style machines running. If I had one I would donate it to a museum.

Tractor
    John Deere 855

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Blue View Post
    Winter Deere;
    I'm not sure if that was anything but a chance for you to brag about what you own, as it did not contain any useful information otherwise.

I spent $2700 on a brand new Woods SB72S snowblower, which I'm sure I'll use more than once per year (because I have it), but we typically only get one storm per year where it's really necessary. I don't see buying any new snowblower for a once-per-year need as being frugal, but I suppose we all have our own biases. As to the tractor, it's used for hauling firewood around, and now pushing the snowblower, not much more. My total investment is around $12k with the blower... again not my definition of frugal for a pencil pusher who uses the thing only a few hours each weekend for house chores.

I don't see the need to foolishly spend unnecessary money, just so I can brag about what I bought on an anonymous tractor forum, but we each have our own wants and motives. I won't attack you for yours, as irrational as they are, if you don't attack me for mine.

Platinum Member

What is " irrational " about good equipment ? My opinion is related to modern useful scientifically tested well engineered tools used to make life a pleasure. I don't take anything personal because everyone has a choice and opinion. No one has to reinvent the wheel. The only time I want to look backwards is changing lanes in traffic and reviewing past mistakes. Each day opens a new experience and this is what I look FORWARD to.

Tractor
    Kubota b2620

check my 2006 jeep tj no pride in the workmanship disgaceful

Tractor
    l2800

I own a 68" meteor pull type blower and have had it for 6 years. I live on a 1 mile private road and do 7 of my neighbors driveways and never look back. this blower with hydrolic chute rotation with a heated cab is perfect for the amount of work I do. havent had any major repairs. it is on the rear of an l2800.

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Quote Originally Posted by hink View Post
    I own a 68" meteor pull type blower and have had it for 6 years. I live on a 1 mile private road and do 7 of my neighbors driveways and never look back. this blower with hydrolic chute rotation with a heated cab is perfect for the amount of work I do. havent had any major repairs. it is on the rear of an l2800.
    Excellent choice!! Those blowers are popular, and contrary to myth, getting stuck is harder than most think.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Antonio Carrero TTR4400

You may wwant a look at the Lorenz snow blowers. really nice if gravel or icey conditions are an issue. Priced well for what you get.

Tractor
    Ford 1920

Quote Originally Posted by bc realtor View Post
    You may wwant a look at the Lorenz snow blowers. really nice if gravel or icey conditions are an issue. Priced well for what you get.
    I hope to get a blower next year and the Lorenz caught my eye. What makes it nice for gravel or ice? I noticed that it has an unusual auger. Is it effective for powdery snow?

Bob

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast