rear 3pt blower

/ rear 3pt blower #1  

BlackRaptor

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
Hey guys,
With winter coming up on toying with blowing vs pushing snow this winter.
Who makes the best cheaper rear blower? What can i expect to pay for a 60" rear 3-point blower?
Thanks everyone.

/ rear 3pt blower #2  
I like my Buhler. I think a 60" Runs around 2500.
If you are in an area with drifting problems, then blower is the way to go.

/ rear 3pt blower #3  
I'll second that - Allied Farm King by Buhler. I was able to pick up my 60" in very good condition for around $1500 IIRC from someone that had purchased it and it ended up being too big for their tractor. Think it only had one season on it.

/ rear 3pt blower
Thanks for the info guys.
2000 i about what i want to spend so i'm close to where i wanna be.
need to decide 60 vs 72" also the tractor is a bit wider than 60. My MMM is 72 and my loader is 73 so thinking 72 is the ticket and just go a little slower if needed.

/ rear 3pt blower #5  
Thanks for the info guys.
2000 i about what i want to spend so i'm close to where i wanna be.
need to decide 60 vs 72" also the tractor is a bit wider than 60. My MMM is 72 and my loader is 73 so thinking 72 is the ticket and just go a little slower if needed.

BlackRaptor,

You never want to have your rear wheels wider than your snowblower; the rear tires will ride up on the snow making your snowblower ineffective. You have two options; 1. get a 60" snowblower and have wings built for it to cover the width of your tires or 2. buy the bigger snowblower. Just my opinion, but you might be better purchasing the larger snowblower. The guys are right that Buhler makes a very good snowblower, but the M.K. Martin Meteor snowblowers are also very good and they do build a 68" snowblower which might a better option for your tractor. I had used the 68" Meteor snowblower for 10 years when I had a NH TC33D and when I had a NH TC34DA (both tractors at 29HP PTO) and it worked flawlessly. Take a look at the URL link below.

MK Martin | Meteor Snow Blowers

/ rear 3pt blower #6  
I ran an 80" FarmKing on 24 PTO hp last season. It handled the 6-8" snows fine at almost a full cut. I think you would be best served by something in that 72" range. With ehydro you can go as slow as needed for the first pass if the snow is real heavy, and then take partial cuts afterwards. The wider widths are very nice for the lighter snowfalls.

/ rear 3pt blower #7  
You are going to wan the blower to be wider than the tractor so it will cut the tires out. Also when you turn you do want to be running in snow. Will a 3320 turn a 72" blower?

/ rear 3pt blower #8  
new meteor.jpg I have a 75 inch Meteor on my 3320...have used Meteor snowblowers for about 10 years with no problems...this picture was taken about three years ago before I installed spacers and chains3320 chain rear.jpg The second picture shows the tractor with chains and spacers installed.

/ rear 3pt blower #9  
I really have no sense of comparison to other brands, but the Frontier blower I bought at the local Deere seems well enough built. It was around $2500 for 72", two years ago. Worth pricing if the quality suits you. I have no idea who makes Frontier attachments.

/ rear 3pt blower #10  
I just ordered a North American made Buhler Allied YC6010 - $2170 delivered. But 60" is too small for your machine unless you add wings as eagle107 suggested. The 72" units jump up in price quite a bit. Hit up your local CL or do an online search to see if you can find something lightly used in the $2k range.

Frontier makes decent stuff, but they're not all that inexpensive. But there seem to be quite a few online dealers so you may find a decent enough price, and the green matches perfectly. :thumbsup: Also found some reasonably priced new Landpride blowers online, but the Allied was still the best deal in a blower with a very good reputation.

I have been searching for used for a couple of years without much luck, so I just bit the bullet and ordered a new one. I've grown tired of pushing 2-3' snows all the way up the driveway to a massive snow storage area - have to keep melting snow banks away from the house since I live on a sloped property.