What size blower?

/ What size blower?
Yes, outside dimension of tires is 80". Only leaves me 2" on iether side but I guess thats ok? If I'm trying to work close to a structure or vehicle it doesn't leave much clearance from the tractor.

/ What size blower? #12  
I believe most three point snow blowers are manufactured either at 6', 72" ,7' 84" or 8' 96". But did you know that they do sell (wings) or extensions so you can make your snow blower about two inches wider on each side? These wings, extensions are sold at most dealers for about a buck and a half, and they bolt on. Hope this helps?Good luck with your choice.
DevilDog

/ What size blower? #13  
Impeller size is the big spec on blowers, that's the part of the blower that does all the work, the getting rid of the snow part. If the 96" has a bigger impeller, that would be a big plus. The width gathers the snow. Having augers all the way out to the edge is better than wings to add width, but not a huge thing. Your TN75 has lots of power, but big heavy cement like snows... like we had last spring... you might be wishing you had an extra low gear or two. But you can always take smaller bites after the first pass... The vast majority of the time, the 96" will work out fine.

/ What size blower? #14  
TractorData.com says you have 62 PTO horse power. I wouldn't go any bigger than 7 foot with a single auger snow blower. I think that first pass could be tough with anything bigger.

/ What size blower? #15  
Are you planning on buying new? If so have you looked into front mount blowers? Maybe you can find a blower for the rear that you can buy parts for it to convert to front mount in the future. But remember that the gearbox needed for the rear pto will rob some power.

/ What size blower?
I am looking at used as I don't have the money for new. I looked into the front mount assy. but they cost more than the blower! That will have to wait at least one season.

/ What size blower? #17  
What are you clearing? Laneway or parking lot? Width might factor in the number of passes required. I'm real low on PTO HP so I just went wide enough to cover my tracks, but it's still wide enough to clear my lane in one trip up and back. Extra width wouldn't really save me any time, since I still have to drive up and back.
Deep snow is a bit of a slow go. 50" blower/ 13 PTO HP but the hydro allows me to slow right down and avoid bog. We get deep drifting snow. The only problem I've had is that the drifts can get so hard that I can't get a bite on them. Blower and tractor will drive right up the slope. :mad:
If my blower was a bit wider it would give me more wiggle room in hard drifts and better maneuverability on tight corners.
A 96" blower would give you 8" clearance each side to maneuver corners. Your HP ratio for 8' wide on 62 HP would be 7.75:1. Seems pretty good to me. It's comfortably over the 5HP/ft rule I see mentioned from time to time.

Last edited:
   / What size blower? #18  
I have a New Holland TN75DA. What size 3 point snowblower is reasonable without going overboard? Possibility of adding a front mount assembly in the future but can't right now.

I have a(2009) TN75DA with a 8ft single auger Lucknowblower, I live in northern Maine. If you went with a double auger i would drop down to a 90 inch unit. My tractor has a 16x16 with mechanical shuttle. Works very well. If i don't have to leave the house i never snow blow until the storm is over. i think the blower is 30 inches high? First pass with snow going over the blower you have to creep, but after that you can roll right along. the double auger is needed if your cutting back existing banks and stuff like that. 4 blades on the fan(2nd stage) is a must, i think. Cast the snow a good distance, nad keeps the blower cleaned out. Having a second remote to control the flapper on the chute is a plus. I don't have that right now, but i am putting a splitter on my single remote for this winter.

/ What size blower? #19  
I am looking at used as I don't have the money for new. I looked into the front mount assy. but they cost more than the blower! That will have to wait at least one season.

i talked to these guys last winter about front mounted blowers. Front Snowblower Mountings 64 pto hp was on the bottom end for a 90 inch front blower. Takes a good deal of hp at the pto to run the pump. But they are pricey too.

/ What size blower? #20  
I am looking at used as I don't have the money for new.

I looked into the front mount assembly
but they cost more than the blower!

That will have to wait at least one season.

The disappointing thing about hese power units is that they will not discuss the down side as they want to sell
these things.

The worst thing about a hydraulic power unit mounted on a tractor is the tanks are too small and the motors powering
the implements are too small.

1. its sucks a lot of the useable fluid power away from a hydrostatic transmission.
2. the hydraulic oil will draw moisture from the air because of the heat generated.
3. the energy to work horsepower conversion is very poor
4. the hydraulic hoses also add to heat loss and power loss.
5. if you blow a motor seal you are "*&^%$#$%^&*( (*&^%$#%^&*" and you willnot be able to use the snow clearer until you
either change the motor or replace the seal if you have the tools and experience to to it.

Just as a an example a Pronovost TRC model has rotating drum that
prevents plugging and allows you to remove snow at very fast ton per hour
as the snow caster/snow clearer is not impeded by the chute and spout.

Your better off biting the bullet and buying the right sized
rear blower for your power as you would still have to
purchase a front mounting kit..