MF GC2310 Snow Removal

/ MF GC2310 Snow Removal #1  

xk49

Tractor
MF 2310 TLB
I just sold my truck that I had been using to plow the driveway(1500feet). I currently have a 6' 3pt snow blower on my GC2310, which I would use periodically for really big storms and occasional clean up in the turnarounds. Before I got the plow I used to use the tractor with the snowblower for everything. The snowblower works fine, but is overkill on the small storms, takes too long, and I hate driving backwards.

I still have the plow which is a SnowBear model. It's pretty light duty, mounts easy(to the truck anyways) and pretty self contained(ie. no hydraulics, just a simple winch to raise and lower it). I already found on the forum someone who mounted a Snowbear directly to the bucket. He did exactly what I was first thinking by attaching the mount point bracket directly inside the bucket (see below picture). My concern with the GC2310 with setup like this, am I going to mess up the loader arms and/or bucket as the tractor is rather small. Also, with the plow sticking so far out I concerned it will tend to deflect the tractor off course.

The other alternative to mounting it to the loader arms is to make a bracket that mounts directly to the frame on the front of the tractor to attach the Snowbear mounting plate. I could use the winch already on the plow to raise and lower it. I can think of a couple issues with this though. First, does the tractor produce enough umph in the electrical system to drive the winch without damaging the winch. Second, I still want to keep the bucket on, but I think it will be to high and obstruct my vision when plowing.

Anyone plow with a G32310? Am I going to mess up the loader arms and/or bucket if I mount via the bucket(this is the easiest and cheapest alternative)? Any issue with making a mounting plate that attaches directly to the frame?

The three pictures are: A forum member running the plow on his bucket(no winch). A stock picture of a complete Snowbear plow. A picture of the mounting bracket on a truck that receives the Snowbear plow(the whole plow assembly just hangs off two big one inch pins).

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    237.6 KB · Views: 327
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 335