Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3300SU

Default Re: Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator?

Thanks kiotiken, that's part of my point. The rest was in direct reference to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post
    Pull type rear blowers are only good for full size tractors. Ground clearance on the SCUTs just isn't enough to drive over the unplowed snow. But even with the full size, why would you want to drive over the snow first, packing it down, before the blower gets to it. Just doesn't make sense.

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

Quote Originally Posted by PandDLong View Post
    Suggestions?
    For those with a hydraulic chute rotator - do you often use it? Would you go back to manual?
    We have lots of wind and also lots of places where I shouldn't throw snow. I use the hydraulic rotation and deflector control constantly.
    Steve

The best things in life are not things.

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Farm Boy
    Drive over the snow, packing it down and it still gets blown.
    Drive over the grass, packing it down and it still gets cut.

People complain/swear a front mount blower is the only way to go yet no one has a front mount mower for a CUT. Maybe it's just me but I see it as a pretty similar comparison.
    Sorry just don't see how you can compare the two.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3300SU

It must be either a Canadian thing or just me. Life goes on......

Tractor
    l2800

I have a 68" meteor pull type snowblower and I have a 1 mile long private dirt road plus 7 driveways and nobody complains about the job. I also can scrape down to the dirt but I prefer to have a little snow build-up. Been doing this for 7 years and blower works fine, do have a heated cab and a hydraulic chute rotator.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by 6sunset6 View Post
    Wind and snow blower. You are going to to want to get a cab. NO matter how you point the chute it will go down your neck and blow in your face. I know. I got a soft cab and it works great.

6sunset6,

That's a nice looking soft cab. What make is it and where did you get it ?

Thanks, Tim

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

I had just a hydraulic rotator on my old JD tractor with rear mount snow blower. I used it all the time. your always needing to shift the location of the deposited snow on my property.

My new tractor and front mounted blower has both hydraulic rotation and deflection. WAY HANDY

the heated cab is a nice bonus also...after blowing snow for the past 14 years with an open cab. its nice to move snow in a t-shirt and bunny slippers.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211

Quote Originally Posted by PandDLong View Post
    For those with a hydraulic chute rotator - do you often use it? Would you go back to manual?
    I have 1000' of drive, and I use the hydraulic rotator constantly. I also use the hydraulic flap control constantly. While I could live with a manual chute control, why would I ever want to? If it is windy, I find I make constant adjustments to the chute and flap to keep the snow off of me.

I bought my blower used, and it was set up with hydraulic chute controls. I didn't want to add rear remotes to my tractor - the 4 hoses to power the chute have to accommodate a lot of movement, so they are long and I didn't want the mess of hooking them into my tractor. I ended up plumbing up a hydraulic control circuit that I mounted directly to the blower. The control hoses are connected to the valve set, which is mounted on a table/arm I made that bolts to the 3pt mount. The valve controls sit in roughly the same location as a manual crank. It's unusual and a little crazy, I'll admit, but I really like the set-up as the whole mess comes off cleanly and is stored with the blower.

JayC

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3300SU

Neat idea but where do you get the hyd power for the valve?

Tractor
    Kubota L3540

As the OP, I thought I would follow-up with what I bought and how it worked out.

I did get a hydraulic chute rotator on my kubota 64" snowblower (but manual deflector). I have an open-station L3540.

We had a good 6-8" snowfall on the ground, the temperature was around 10 (F), there was a slight wind blowing but the direction moved around depending upon my location and the tree cover - so it was a great night to try out the new equipment. It worked fabulous.

It was my first time using a snowblower so there was a bit of hit and miss for a few minutes but once I figured out how it all worked, it cleaned up my 1000' of driveway quick and easy. With the curves in my driveway and the shifting wind, I found I had my hand on that chute rotator lever all the time, fine tuning the direction. I certainly used it a lot and with the hydraulics, never had to pause my blowing nor shift around in my seat. Having read additional threads since my purchase, I would think an electric rotator would work as well - bottom line, a power assisted chute rotator made the job easy.

I got a little blowing snow on myself but nothing too serious - just enough to get extra sympathy and appreciation from the drivers in my family for my "hard work".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast