Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Default Re: Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator?

Quote Originally Posted by Kubotafan View Post
    I don't know how they bend Plexiglas but suspect it is heated. A propane torch might work to shape the Plexiglas so you could reach the crank. It would be worth figuring out something to make it work for you. It isn't a cab but it comes close!
    If you use Lexan (polycarbonate) instead of Plexiglas (acrylic), you can bend it in a sheet metal break... no heat needed. It costs more and scratches easier, but it's tough as nails for protection and is easily worked with.

Joe
    Joe

Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC

It isn't a cab but I found it made a world of difference. As another poster mentioned I had my nuts on the back of the plexiglass. I am glad you gave it a try and report on it being a big help. Thanks to those who could give helpful information on bending it as that would alow a few more options to refine it.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Where did you guys buy the lexan or plexiglass? What is it worth?
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Quote Originally Posted by yelbike View Post
    Where did you guys buy the lexan or plexiglass? What is it worth?
    My local lumber yard (which happens to be owned by the local window company) carries 4x8 sheets of it. It's available in varying thicknesses and the cost per sheet goes up pretty fast, depending on the thickness. I can't remember the local price offhand, but it isn't cheap.

Here's a link on Grainger's availability and pricing. They have smaller sized sheets for those of us who may not want to shell out a week's paycheck for a full sheet: Raw Materials - LEXAN - Grainger Industrial Supply

Like I said, not cheap, but good stuff.

Joe
    Joe

Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

I bought mine at home depot. I don't remember the brand, but it wasn't lexan or plexiglass. I just used the thinnest thickness they had and it was $29 for a 2' by 4' sheet. The thin is ok for straight but I would have had to use thicker to add bent wings.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet
    2007 F150 SCab 4X4
    2011 JD 2520
    Box blade, MMM, FEL, Landscape rake, PHD, Rear Snow blower, Rototiller, 50 year old 8 foot disc
    Sylvan 2520 Pontoon Boat
    Honda 919

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC

I think most hardware stores would carry it. I think what I used was apx. 3' x 4' and I think it was about $60.00. I don't remember now what thickness I used.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3300SU

The last couple sheets of lexan I bought were I think $132 for the full sheet (1/8" x 4'x8')

For these applications, I'd never use plexi, only lexan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456