Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator?

/ Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator? #51  
I don't know how they bend Plexiglas but suspect it is heated. A propane torch might work to shape the Plexiglas so you could reach the crank. It would be worth figuring out something to make it work for you. It isn't a cab but it comes close!

If you use Lexan (polycarbonate) instead of Plexiglas (acrylic), you can bend it in a sheet metal break... no heat needed. It costs more and scratches easier, but it's tough as nails for protection and is easily worked with.

Joe

/ Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator? #52  
It isn't a cab but I found it made a world of difference. As another poster mentioned I had my nuts on the back of the plexiglass. I am glad you gave it a try and report on it being a big help. Thanks to those who could give helpful information on bending it as that would alow a few more options to refine it.

/ Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator? #53  
Where did you guys buy the lexan or plexiglass? What is it worth?

/ Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator? #54  
Where did you guys buy the lexan or plexiglass? What is it worth?

My local lumber yard (which happens to be owned by the local window company) carries 4x8 sheets of it. It's available in varying thicknesses and the cost per sheet goes up pretty fast, depending on the thickness. I can't remember the local price offhand, but it isn't cheap.

Here's a link on Grainger's availability and pricing. They have smaller sized sheets for those of us who may not want to shell out a week's paycheck for a full sheet: Raw Materials - LEXAN - Grainger Industrial Supply

Like I said, not cheap, but good stuff.

Joe

/ Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator? #55  
I bought mine at home depot. I don't remember the brand, but it wasn't lexan or plexiglass. I just used the thinnest thickness they had and it was $29 for a 2' by 4' sheet. The thin is ok for straight but I would have had to use thicker to add bent wings.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator? #56  
I think most hardware stores would carry it. I think what I used was apx. 3' x 4' and I think it was about $60.00. I don't remember now what thickness I used.

/ Rear Snow Blower - Hydraulic or Manual Rotator? #57  
The last couple sheets of lexan I bought were I think $132 for the full sheet (1/8" x 4'x8')

For these applications, I'd never use plexi, only lexan