Snow Attachments Bucket vs. Box

/ Bucket vs. Box #1  

MrPepper

Tractor
MF165
I viewed this on Craigs List...

http://images.craigslist.org/3Gf3I13L55G75Kc5M9cai870a56e21cd81d0b.jpg

I currently use my bucket and a rear blade. How much more usefull would this be than using my bucket? Perhaps it can push more snow, but it can not lift and move a pile of snow which needs to be done occasionally. It is $600 and I am wondering if it would be helpful or not.

/ Bucket vs. Box #2  
It'll push...and if you have a place to push the snow and a large enough tractor to maintain traction, it would be OK. Only you can determine if that's the case.
That pusher would be nice for areas like parking lots...not sure if it would be so good for just a driveway

If it has a QA set up, you can swap out between your bucket and the pusher easily.

/ Bucket vs. Box #3  
It is alot more usefull than a bucket for snow removal. The only thing you cannot do is carry snow with them. They will stack snow as high or higher than a bucket. The only downfall is you cannot backblade up to a building because of the wings. If anyone knows of a 8' with a skid steer quick attach for sale I am looking for one. CJ

/ Bucket vs. Box
Thanks both -
How much would you say it it worth?

/ Bucket vs. Box #5  
Boxes are great in the right application. How big is it and what would you push it with? And even without knowing how big it is i'd say 600$ is a pretty good deal.

/ Bucket vs. Box #6  
We have a rear blade but I just use the FEL and think that's the cats meow.

Did you ever consider getting a box with scarifying teeth? Of coarse not for snow but the teeth make that a great grading attachment.

/ Bucket vs. Box
Boxes are great in the right application. How big is it and what would you push it with? And even without knowing how big it is i'd say 600$ is a pretty good deal.

This one is a 6 footer. I imagine it would only be used to push show -- doesn't look sturdy enough for earth moving.

We have a rear blade but I just use the FEL and think that's the cats meow.

Did you ever consider getting a box with scarifying teeth? Of coarse not for snow but the teeth make that a great grading attachment.

Your approach is how I presently have things set-up -- Blade in back and bucket in front. I have never used a box blade in snow.

/ Bucket vs. Box #8  
CJONE said:
It is alot more usefull than a bucket for snow removal. The only thing you cannot do is carry snow with them. They will stack snow as high or higher than a bucket. The only downfall is you cannot backblade up to a building because of the wings. If anyone knows of a 8' with a skid steer quick attach for sale I am looking for one. CJ

Here is one on CraigsList

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/grd/3373788831.html

Seems pricey

/ Bucket vs. Box #10  
My work has an 8' or 9' bobcat one on their skid steer. They can clear snow amazingly fast with it.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet