JD Front mount 59" blower

/ JD Front mount 59" blower
100_99171024x760.jpg

100_99181024x760.jpg

100_99161024x760.jpg

100_99121024x760.jpg

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #53  
This is a great project. I just got off the phone with my dealer and ordered the frontier kit. I hope it comes in before the Thanksgiving holidays - this will be a fun project.

Hiya Rockgod,

So, is it finished yet? The suspense is killin' me..... :D

But seriously, are the hoses long enough to reach back to the 3rd circuit ports above the loader ports?

Tom

100_9915 (1024x760).jpg

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #55  
Hey Rock,

I want one but my dealer is telling me the # you listed does not exist in Deere parts. When did you get the kit? Did you find it on a shelf or did you order it?

Tom

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #56  
The frontier part number shows right up on jdparts.com. My dealer had no issues finding it.

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #58  
Are there many guys here running this model? Thinking real hard of buying one in the near future. Are you happy with its build quality, performance and such.

It's getting to be about that time of year again.

Thanks!

I debated long between front and rear mount, price being the big issue. Bought the front mount to avoid driving backwards and don't regret it at all. Driveway is 900 feet long, takes 4 runs to clear it properly. Driving backwards would have been a killer. The machine itself is pretty easy to get on and off and to service, all things considered.

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #59  
Right! You've just taken steps to prevent any snow from accumulating for the next 5 years. :)

i had been running a 3pt blower, but found a deal on a used front mount, just had to do some work on it. i had both on the tractor last winter, and added a soft cab....didn't need it once last year near buffalo, ny. was trying to think of something to add this year to give me the same good luck.

interesting note on the shear pin. the 3pt meteor has a 1/4" bolt on the pto coupling where it hooks to the tractor. i've broken it a few times, but it's so easy to change, and only breaks when i hit a branch or some really hard ice. i never thought of having an issue w/ the impeller being keyed on the JD, but i guess it could be a big problem....especially on my gravel driveway. over the years, i've refined my process. the 1st few snows, i run the blower high...leaving 1/2" to 1" of snow each time to create a hard pack. it can be a challenge the 1st few times, but once it's established, i can drop the blower down and it will ride nice and blow clean.

/ JD Front mount 59" blower #60  
We went the cheap route with a chute deflector control. We had tried electric but it would ice up and not control the chute. We then went to a boat dealer that had old junk boats in the back and bought (free actually but gave the dealer a tip) a used hydraulic ram off a I/O unit. We used a couple bolts on the top and bottom of the chute with hydraulic cables to the third hydraulic hookup in the back. We have used this for 4 years with out any problem. Not as pretty as the frontier but works great.IMG_0283.jpg