Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Tractor
    Deere 3720 Cab

Default Re: JD Front mount 59" blower

Rockgod and dschuffert,

What is the travel length on the hydraulic cylinders in the Frontier deflector kits, and is all the travel needed? Looking to build my own deflector control. Thanks

Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

Quote Originally Posted by dkhntr04 View Post
    Rockgod and dschuffert,

What is the travel length on the hydraulic cylinders in the Frontier deflector kits, and is all the travel needed? Looking to build my own deflector control. Thanks
    5"

You could use a longer stroke at 6" for sure, maybe even 7 I don't know. Just be sure it's not too long or you'll have a bent-up deflector cute.
    JD 3720 Premium Cab, 300CX, 59" Front Mt. Blower, 72d MMM auto-connect deck.

Tractor
    '10 3320 cab

Hiya,

Well, my ordeal is over, the place in Concord managed to type in the correct number and press order. Was easy to install, only issue I had was the pipe threads on the 90 degree hose fittings was rough, I had to wire wheel them to smooth the burrs off and get a good seal.

I was hoping to get a foot or 2 of snow today but alas, it's only a couple inches so far.....

Tom
    Big and little Green tractors, Orange tractors and one awesome brown dog.

"Congelo nos opus, quantum punitor ingravesco"

"Behold, like the wild azz in the desert, go I forth to my work"

Platinum Member

Got 10" of snow Wednesday and a chance to try out the 59 blower on the 4110. It handled it with ease blasting a full chute twenty feet at half throttle. It is a little heavy on the front axle but great for traction. I have a weight box and a seven foot rear blade to hold the rear tires down.
    Patiently waiting for more. Now realize I need a cab. The wind change can really chill one to the bone, especially when it has snow crystals in the mix.

Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

Alright, alright I know this isn't much snow (5") but I couldn't wait to get out and test everything.

The tractor, blower and the spout deflector all worked perfectly. I did 5 medium size driveways and couldn't believe how much I used the 3rd function w/spout deflector. Very,very handy.

The wife unit was nice enough to brave the cold yesterday and snap some photos.

Platinum Member

-002-jpg

Had over a half dozen snow blowers prior to the 59. It truly is the king. Only problem is getting done toooooooooooooo fast !

Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Quote Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    Alright, alright I know this isn't much snow (5") but I couldn't wait to get out and test everything.

The tractor, blower and the spout deflector all worked perfectly. I did 5 medium size driveways and couldn't believe how much I used the 3rd function w/spout deflector. Very,very handy.

The wife unit was nice enough to brave the cold yesterday and snap some photos.

5"??? There's barely 1" on the ground. You couldn't even wait for the rest of the snow to get on the ground.
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

Better?

Last edited by Rockgod; 01-02-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Yea! Now your talking business! Sweet!
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678