Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

Default JD Front mount 59" blower

Are there many guys here running this model? Thinking real hard of buying one in the near future. Are you happy with its build quality, performance and such.

It's getting to be about that time of year again.

Thanks!
    JD 3720 Premium Cab, 300CX, 59" Front Mt. Blower, 72d MMM auto-connect deck.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

Default Re: JD Front mount 59" blower

Quick question here? The 59" Front Blower is narrower then your back wheel width correct?
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

The Front Snow Blowers are quite nice,and the do work great as your driving forword instead of reverse but. They cost around three times that of a three point one and you loose the FEL option if or when you need it while blower is on. Second item is Snow Blower needs to be wider then your rear wheels, same as an attachment on three point hitch. I have had both and for me it seemed like when I had front blower on I'd have a task for the FEL, yes you can remove it and install FEL but cold winter days it's never easy. What I run now is rear three point LA2674 snow blower and FEL, for me it's the best of both as my driveway is only about 200' to clear. Best of luck on your choise.
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

Quote Originally Posted by devildog1 View Post
    Quick question here? The 59" Front Blower is narrower then your back wheel width correct?
    DevilDog
    Not if you change tractors I'm going down in size to a 3720.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4110HST

I don't have the 59 inch, but I do have the 47 inch blower (I have a smaller tractor-4110) I wouldn't trade it for a dozen rear mounted. As you get on in years, it gets more and more difficult to drive backwards. Add to that I have a long drive with two curves in it and it is up hill both ways! ( that's the truth--I have to go over a hill in and out) As far as the FEL is concerned I can switch from blower to FEL in less than 15 minutes--NO TOOLS!

Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

Quote Originally Posted by devildog1 View Post
    The Front Snow Blowers are quite nice,and the do work great as your driving forword instead of reverse but. They cost around three times that of a three point oneand you loose the FEL option if or when you need it while blower is on. Second item is Snow Blower needs to be wider then your rear wheels, same as an attachment on three point hitch. I have had both and for me it seemed like when I had front blower on I'd have a task for the FEL, yes you can remove it and install FEL but cold winter days it's never easy. What I run now is rear three point LA2674 snow blower and FEL, for me it's the best of both as my driveway is only about 200' to clear. Best of luck on your choise.

DevilDog
    Yep, I thought about that combo too but couldn't see spending the $4300 on a rear mt. The 59" front mt is around $5500 out the door.

The good thing about this blower is that it only takes 30 seconds to take it off. As I get older I just know that looking backward would take a toll on the neck. Trying to think long term.

Tractor
    JD Cabbed 3720

Quote Originally Posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
    I don't have the 59 inch, but I do have the 47 inch blower (I have a smaller tractor-4110) I wouldn't trade it for a dozen rear mounted. As you get on in years, it gets more and more difficult to drive backwards. Add to that I have a long drive with two curves in it and it is up hill both ways! ( that's the truth--I have to go over a hill in and out) As far as the FEL is concerned I can switch from blower to FEL in less than 15 minutes--NO TOOLS!
    PipK, it sounds like you're the perfect candidate for a nice warm cab.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

I remember getting my 59" front blower for the 3320. I did tons of research and tormented myself about the extra bucks for the front blower but now that I've had it a couple of years the extra bucks don't seem to matter much especially when you do a 600 foot plus driveway! I was just watching a promo video here on a three point blower... I'll take my front blower thanks.

Rob

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4110HST

Quote Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    PipK, it sounds like you're the perfect candidate for a nice warm cab.
    I have a soft cab--no heat, tho. Been trying to figure out how to mount some type of heater, but haven't come up with an answer yet. Open to any ideas.....

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Are they made by RAD Technologies too?
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast