Halloween Snowstorm

/ Halloween Snowstorm #21  
The most common misconception is equating 'weather and climate', they are totally different.

The climate of the Earth has been changing since this planet was formed. Now that the glaciers are receding somewhat in Greenland, the farms from centuries ago are being revealed again. Most don't realize that Europe was once king of the world for grapes. Really interesting stuff if one actually studies it.

As far as this storm.........it was nothing more than 2 storms colliding at one time.......one 'nor'easter and one small hurricane'. That has happened countless times in the past. They just came together at the wrong place for the people involved.

Very well stated. :thumbsup:

I pray for the safety of the residents of the areas affected. The biggest problems I've seen so far is the inability of the government officials in the affected areas to be prepared for disasters such as this.

That's why we the taxpayers need to fund even bigger, more expansive government. Apparently, government still isn't big enough :rolleyes:

/ Halloween Snowstorm
The most common misconception is equating 'weather and climate', they are totally different.

The climate of the Earth has been changing since this planet was formed. Now that the glaciers are receding somewhat in Greenland, the farms from centuries ago are being revealed again. Most don't realize that Europe was once king of the world for grapes. Really interesting stuff if one actually studies it.

As far as this storm.........it was nothing more than 2 storms colliding at one time.......one 'nor'easter and one small hurricane'. That has happened countless times in the past. They just came together at the wrong place for the people involved.

I pray for the safety of the residents of the areas affected. The biggest problems I've seen so far is the inability of the government officials in the affected areas to be prepared for disasters such as this.

Last Halloween, here at my place, we got 2 feet of snow also.........because of 2 storms colliding and turning into a nor'easter.

Edit: Some interesting facts: NYC Hazards: NYC Hurricane History
Heres is a video, postet by sal64 on another thread..............listen closely to the references to Europe: Redwood Lumber Industry, Northern California - 1947 - YouTube

The things referenced happened long before man could have possibly had any impact on the earth whatsoever.

/ Halloween Snowstorm #23  
Hi All,

2 feet of wet concrete here, slick as can be and oh so heavy! Almost got my 55 hp Branson stick in 4wd! nasty stuff here! Was out of power for three days with lots of trees down! Love my box scraper it saved the day!

Farm Guy