Snow Equipment Owning/Operating What's the best way to go?

/ What's the best way to go? #21  
My driveway is 200 yards long. You go down one hill and up the next. There really is not a level spot on the driveway. The driveway is paved. I can get the driveway plowed for $20 each time. It usually has to be done 10 to 15 times a season. I have John Deere 1026. Would a $3500 snowblower be worth it? Remember to factor in the (Fun Factor). I know with the bower the lawn would not get torn up. Would I need a soft cab, and is one available for the 1026?

$3500 is a goodly pile of money but a snowblower will do a nice neat clean job on your drive. Nice clean edges and you don't have snow pushed in piles along with grass and dirt so you have room for more snow.

I had a front mount snowblower on X740 for many years and even on tractors before that and it always did a super job. A couple years ago I got a tractor with a bucket and a blade, but that made a mess, but it was fun to do for one year. Then I went back to the snowblower and will use it here on in. I enjoy using both and the convenience of blowing when I choose is nice.

So what if it takes 12.35 years to have it pay for itself. I had my snowblower longer than that, maybe 20 years almost and it looks almost like new , and if I sold it it would have a lot of value left. If everything I purchased was rational I wouldn't have any toys. I certainly wouldn't have a 3720 with the attachments. But, if you are strapped for cash, that's a different story. Then the $20 would make sense.

/ What's the best way to go? #22  
So what if it takes 12.35 years to have it pay for itself. I had my snowblower longer than that, maybe 20 years almost and it looks almost like new , and if I sold it it would have a lot of value left. If everything I purchased was rational I wouldn't have any toys. I certainly wouldn't have a 3720 with the attachments. But, if you are strapped for cash, that's a different story. Then the $20 would make sense.

That's a pretty good point DD. I wouldn't have a lot of the things I own if I used rational. :D

/ What's the best way to go? #23  
You only need to get driveway cleared 12-15 times per season? You're right in line with the snow belt.

Wedge