Snow Attachments JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute #1  

NewWisFarmer

Tractor
JD 4100
I have a 47" snow blower on a 4100 John Deere. I have had both for a few years, but haven't needed the snow blower. My problem is that after putting on the snow blower this morning, I noticed that my hydraulic chute only moves from a few degrees to right of straight ahead, to 90 degrees to the right. Is this normal? I guess I thought it should be able to swing to the left also. Makes it a little tricky to blow snow if you can only blow it in one direction. I can take it into the local John Deere shop, but thought I would try here before spending that money.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute #2  
You are right, it needs adjusted. It should rotate at-least 95 degrees left and right of center.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute
WOW, thanks for the quick response. I'll take a look at it and if I can't spot the problem, I'll run it in to the dealer.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute #4  
Will it work both ways if you just move the joystick a little bit? If so then do a search for the term "regen" for lots of reading, you can add my name if you use the advanced search.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute #5  
Doesn't this just have a cable wrapped around the chute activated by a hydraulic cylinder ? I don't see much exploration here. Unhook the cable to check the cylinder. Next stop is the cable. I wish electronic problems were this easy to diagnose.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute #6  
Doesn't this just have a cable wrapped around the chute activated by a hydraulic cylinder ? I don't see much exploration here. Unhook the cable to check the cylinder. Next stop is the cable. I wish electronic problems were this easy to diagnose.

I would bet the cable broke. Happened to me a couple times.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute
Thanks for all the responses. First, Kennyd, I thought you had it, but that doesn't seem to do it either. I'm fairly sure it has something to do with the cable, but danged if I can figure it out. It is not broken, and the chute swings great though the 90 or so degrees of travel it does move. I called my service guy and he seemed to think warrenty would take care of the problem so I'm headed in there today. I'll let the thread know what I find out.
Here is a pic of the dang thing.
cylinder2.jpg

Thanks again.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute #8  
Re... " My dealer thinks it is covered under warranty "
My New Holland dealer was aware of the service problems on my TC45DA ( steering column tilt mechanism, dash fogging up, bucket cylinders slow to react, and a couple more minor items ) that was a tad over 2 years of age. They said bring it in and we will fix them. ( their shop had open spaces ) Service manager said I am sure the warranty ( which I had the extended warranty ) will cover it. Looking at their shop rate of ninety an hour I felt a bit intimidated to be stuck with a ten hour bill and parts. I had him get authorization from the zone manager .... and guess what ? They refused. The great extended warranty I had only covered major items. No estimate or partial coverage from the dealer also. I decided to make my own repairs and buy from a different agency in the future. Three years later they were not contacted for a price on my present TC 55.

/ JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute #9  
Is this the first time you ever use your blower? If so, by the look of your picture your chute was probably not adjust correctly when assemble the first time. When I bought my blower, the chute was not assemble, had to do it myself with the instruction that came with it. Easy to do but still took me a few try before I got it perfectly align from left to right.