Tractor
    JD 4100

Default JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute

I have a 47" snow blower on a 4100 John Deere. I have had both for a few years, but haven't needed the snow blower. My problem is that after putting on the snow blower this morning, I noticed that my hydraulic chute only moves from a few degrees to right of straight ahead, to 90 degrees to the right. Is this normal? I guess I thought it should be able to swing to the left also. Makes it a little tricky to blow snow if you can only blow it in one direction. I can take it into the local John Deere shop, but thought I would try here before spending that money.

Tractor
    JD 2720

Default Re: JD 47" quick hitch snow blower chute

You are right, it needs adjusted. It should rotate at-least 95 degrees left and right of center.
    HAVE FUN

Life is easier when you plow around the stumps.

Tractor
    JD 4100

WOW, thanks for the quick response. I'll take a look at it and if I can't spot the problem, I'll run it in to the dealer.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Will it work both ways if you just move the joystick a little bit? If so then do a search for the term "regen" for lots of reading, you can add my name if you use the advanced search.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Platinum Member

Doesn't this just have a cable wrapped around the chute activated by a hydraulic cylinder ? I don't see much exploration here. Unhook the cable to check the cylinder. Next stop is the cable. I wish electronic problems were this easy to diagnose.

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Blue View Post
    Doesn't this just have a cable wrapped around the chute activated by a hydraulic cylinder ? I don't see much exploration here. Unhook the cable to check the cylinder. Next stop is the cable. I wish electronic problems were this easy to diagnose.
    I would bet the cable broke. Happened to me a couple times.
    JD 3720 with R4s
    X740

Tractor
    JD 4100

Thanks for all the responses. First, Kennyd, I thought you had it, but that doesn't seem to do it either. I'm fairly sure it has something to do with the cable, but danged if I can figure it out. It is not broken, and the chute swings great though the 90 or so degrees of travel it does move. I called my service guy and he seemed to think warrenty would take care of the problem so I'm headed in there today. I'll let the thread know what I find out.
    Here is a pic of the dang thing.
    -cylinder2-jpg

Thanks again.

Platinum Member

Re... " My dealer thinks it is covered under warranty "
    My New Holland dealer was aware of the service problems on my TC45DA ( steering column tilt mechanism, dash fogging up, bucket cylinders slow to react, and a couple more minor items ) that was a tad over 2 years of age. They said bring it in and we will fix them. ( their shop had open spaces ) Service manager said I am sure the warranty ( which I had the extended warranty ) will cover it. Looking at their shop rate of ninety an hour I felt a bit intimidated to be stuck with a ten hour bill and parts. I had him get authorization from the zone manager .... and guess what ? They refused. The great extended warranty I had only covered major items. No estimate or partial coverage from the dealer also. I decided to make my own repairs and buy from a different agency in the future. Three years later they were not contacted for a price on my present TC 55.

Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Is this the first time you ever use your blower? If so, by the look of your picture your chute was probably not adjust correctly when assemble the first time. When I bought my blower, the chute was not assemble, had to do it myself with the instruction that came with it. Easy to do but still took me a few try before I got it perfectly align from left to right.
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,