Nortrac 50" blower on JD 2305?

/ Nortrac 50" blower on JD 2305? #2  
Not sure what you mean by limited Cat 1. Here are 3 point hitch specs from TractorData. The categories range from 0 to 4.
If you can clarify a bit, I'm sure that someone can jump in and help you out.

/ Nortrac 50" blower on JD 2305?
Thanks for the response. "Limited Cat 1" is how JD describes the 3pt hitch on the 2305, but I'm having trouble finding out exactly what that means... I do know the lift arms are shorter than on a "regular" cat1 hitch, but I -think- that may be the only difference. I found a reference that says a limited cat1 is the same as a cat0 hitch, but I do not think that's the case, since the pin diameters on my 2305 match the specs for a regular cat1, and not a cat0. Maybe I'll call a dealer.....

Edit:
OK, I called a dealer. He confirmed what I thought, that the main difference between a cat1 and limited cat1 is the length of the lift arms, and overall capacity of the tractor. I think the Nortrac 50" blower will fit with no problems. But if anyone has this blower mounted on a 2305, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by limited Cat 1. Here are 3 point hitch specs from TractorData. The categories range from 0 to 4.
If you can clarify a bit, I'm sure that someone can jump in and help you out.

Last edited:
   / Nortrac 50" blower on JD 2305? #4  
there is a lift height difference with the limited cat 1 hitches. when you find implements made for the sub cuts, they all seem to be made
shorter in height, so the tractor can get them lifted off the ground adequately. i think pin size and width is all fine and any cat 1 implement
should physically fit on the hitch, it just may not lift very high. look at the new 1000 series cuts deere came out with, and you notice they
redesigned the 3ph, it mounts higher up on the rear frame, and from what i have seen they seem to lift much higher than the 2210/2305.

/ Nortrac 50" blower on JD 2305? #5  
I don't have a JD2305 but I do have the Kubota BX2350 which is the direct competitor. I use a 60" Farm King (Cat 1) blower on the back of mine with little trouble. It will lift the blower nearly 24" off the ground.

Thanks to Dutch and Fish. You've boosted my confidence that the blower would fit just fine.

...now I just have to decide to pull the trigger and buy it. Our gravel driveway is about 200 yd long. I've managed the last three years with the bucket. Last year winter was a non-event, almost no snow. The two previous winters I could have used a blower several times, especially 2010. I guess one way to guarantee another mild winter would be to spend $1500 on a blower.....

/ Nortrac 50" blower on JD 2305? #7  
I guess one way to guarantee another mild winter would be to spend $1500 on a blower.....

Go ahead and do it, then. Between you buying that blower and me just getting a new one for my Bobcat, that should about guarantee us another easy winter! :thumbsup:

Go ahead and do it, then. Between you buying that blower and me just getting a new one for my Bobcat, that should about guarantee us another easy winter! :thumbsup:
:)

Your sig made me LOL.

The blower just went on sale at Northerntool..... $100 off. Decisions, decisions....

/ Nortrac 50" blower on JD 2305? #9  
:)

Your sig made me LOL.

The blower just went on sale at Northerntool..... $100 off. Decisions, decisions....

I can't take credit for the signature. I borrowed it from someone else that uses it on a Mac forum I visit once in a while.
As for your decision, never post that you are "thinking of buying" anything on this forum. There's always a long line of us that want to help the next guy spend his money! :moneybag::twocents: