Poly blade

/ Poly blade #1  

OrangeToys

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota M7060HDC
Trying find if woods makes a polymer cutting edge to go on there blades for snow? Or some kind of good alternative?

Thanks

/ Poly blade #2  
Good alternative: lots of people report good luck with a cheap peice of PVC pipe, slit lengthwise, and put on the blade. Works good for gravel drives.

Do you have a gravel drive and want to save the stone?? Or paved/concrete and dont want to scratch it up?

/ Poly blade
I've got lots on concrete

/ Poly blade #4  
I had a poly cutting edge and it wore out in 1 season. I think it was ~$100. It definately does not scrape as well. I, too had sensitive surfaces to clean off, but after a season of use, went back to steel.
Have you tried setting up your shoes to help prevent gouging?

/ Poly blade #5  
You can find the thick poly cutting edges with a search online. If you want to, buy a horse stall mat from Tractor supply and cut your own rubber cutting edge. They are 40 dollars for a 4x6 sheet. Cut with a jigsaw and drill for mounting bolts.

/ Poly blade #6  
a polyurethane cutting edge will be a few hundred bucks depending on your size. If your serious about spending that kind of money i will put you in touch with a guy who will sell and ship them . IMO i would run steel on the blacktop to get the best scraping .. poly is good for gravel and if you run off the drive. the turf damage is less.....